Enterprise crew descendants

The Next Generation
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Enterprise crew descendants

Post by Meste17 »

So I was thinking one day, what if we saw descendants of All Enterprise (and/or otherwise crewmembers) serving on the same vessel?

I could see this happening:

a descendant of Captain Picard as the Captain because of Picard's diplomatic skills
a descendant of Kirk as first officer
a Spocky science officer or a Data like one
a Worf like Klingon security chief/tactical officer
a Phlox like Chief Medical officer, but female like Crusher/Troi
a Chief engineer like Scotty.

Basically something along those lines. Any ideas?
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Enterprise crew descendants

Post by Mikey »

Umm... what?
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

My grandparents were farmers....I'm a physicist, clearly my families occupations have very little to do with my occupation.

Beyond that Picard won't have any decedents. He never had kids, his only brother and his nephew were killed in a fire. There will be no more Picards.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Too much thought into something that could literally be anything.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

In the Typhon Pact novels, Picard is married to Beverly and they have a son, Rene Jacques Robert Francois Picard, who is married to Will and Deanna's daughter Natasha.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

But to think 200 years later what a decedent of Archers crew would be? So many possibilities.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Right, all this is is saying that each character's descendant will assume that character's position. No basis, or point.
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Surely YOU do the same job as your great great grandfather did?!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Graham Kennedy wrote:Surely YOU do the same job as your great great grandfather did?!
I just don't own the acreage to grow potatoes for vodka that he had. Lord knows it was a noble profession, though.
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well I got either dairy farming or brewing beer.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Graham Kennedy wrote:In the Typhon Pact novels, Picard is married to Beverly and they have a son, Rene Jacques Robert Francois Picard, who is married to Will and Deanna's daughter Natasha.

It actually might be interesting to see some kid with so many famous bridge officers in their lineage with serious psychological issues because they think they should be able to live up to all that. Maybe they have to the extent of becoming a Starfleet officer at a young age etc. because of how driven they were, and help/pressure from the grandparents, but they're coming apart.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Sounds like a typical rich kid to me Star Trek style.

Edit: Actually would be original to Star Trek though.

I would also point out that this should be in General because this doesn't specifically fit with TNG. But that is just me.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

sunnyside wrote:
Graham Kennedy wrote:In the Typhon Pact novels, Picard is married to Beverly and they have a son, Rene Jacques Robert Francois Picard, who is married to Will and Deanna's daughter Natasha.

It actually might be interesting to see some kid with so many famous bridge officers in their lineage with serious psychological issues because they think they should be able to live up to all that. Maybe they have to the extent of becoming a Starfleet officer at a young age etc. because of how driven they were, and help/pressure from the grandparents, but they're coming apart.
Pretty much Tom Paris's background.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

^since when? I didn't think the Typhon Pact novels had gotten quite that far ahead...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I guess they are in the 25th century. Like 2415 or something.