New Swiss army radar see ennemy airplane everywhere!

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

New Swiss army radar see ennemy airplane everywhere!

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Source
The Confederation has purchased from a German company a new radar for its military airfields. But there is a problem : it confuses cows and enemy aircraft.

"Apparently it works in the plains but in the mountains, for example when a cow moves on the slopes, the radar identifies the animal as an enemy object," said the defense minister, Ueli Maurer, before the safety commission national.
Armasuisse said the device would be operational at the earliest in 2020, when he should have initially taking office in 2016.

The first problems were identified in 2013. The supplier had then obtained additional time for delivery, but the first tests of a modified version in 2014 proved to be a failure. Maurer, however, says the project is on track and that it will not create additional costs. Germans use the same system also encounter difficulties.
I suspect the problem is enemy cows operating undercover, as seen in this war documentary :

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: New Swiss army radar see ennemy airplane everywhere!

Post by Coalition »

Maybe if they had a software patch that would allow squelching targets that travel at too low a speed, so cows only show up if they fall off a mountain.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

What they need is some sort of agricultural cow-detecting radar, then they can subtract one signal from the other somehow. I bet that would work.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Yes, but then enemy planes can avoid detection by disguising themselves as cows - a tactic known as Coming in Udder the Radar.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

kostmayer wrote:Yes, but then enemy planes can avoid detection by disguising themselves as cows - a tactic known as Coming in Udder the Radar.
You deserve a cookie for that one.

:c
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

kostmayer wrote:Yes, but then enemy planes can avoid detection by disguising themselves as cows - a tactic known as Coming in Udder the Radar.
*Hands kostmayer an internet*
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I don't see what the problem is. Isn't Switzerland neutral? Cows generally honor all their non-aggression pacts.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Mikey wrote:I don't see what the problem is. Isn't Switzerland neutral? Cows generally honor all their non-aggression pats.
Prime pun opportunity missed there.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."