SFDebris: The Wounded

The Next Generation
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SFDebris: The Wounded

Post by Captain Seafort »

Link

I recognise Chuck's reasoning for knocking a point off, but I think this one deserved full marks - it's not just one of the best TNG episodes, it's one of the best episodes of Star Trek, period.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: SFDebris: The Wounded

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I would've gone for ten as well. the score getting a point knocked off? Please.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Agreed with these two gents above. This one hit on all points: well conceived, well written, well performed, production values were even better than impressive - they were unnoticeable. It had just the right amount of pathos and angst to stop just shy of being melodramatic; and while it didn't quite turn Maxwell into a sympathetic antihero, it avoided demonizing him to the point of being unrelatable.

Also, even though I've already said "well performed," I have to add that it was a first-rate turn by Meaney.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Another point in favor-it introduced the Nebula-class, one of the cooler Starfleet ships we've gotten.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

The Nebula class is a great and sensible kitbash design. Only gets better with the triangular pod. Wish they kept it consistent though. I do like the original deflector dish shape.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Always loved the Nebula too. Such a practical design.

One of my fave episodes too. Picard is almost as good at preventing wars as Sisko is at starting them.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."