Prelude to Axanar

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Admiral Dunsel
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Re: Prelude to Axanar

Post by Admiral Dunsel »

Hi all,

I ran across both "Prelude to Axanar" and "Star Trek Continues" a month or so ago, and was very impressed with both!

Having Christopher Doohan reprising his father's role as 'Scotty' was great! In the first episode of 'Continues', Michael Forest returns in his original role as 'Apollo', and he absolutely nailed it!

Soon, I felt like I was watching some original episodes of TOS, that I had just never seen before.

Amazing how all these fan-produced videos can do a better job with Star Trek than Hollywood can.

I guess one of them does it because they care about what ST stood for, and want it to remain alive..., and the other one couldn't care less about ST, they just want the money.
" We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid. " - Benjamin Franklin
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Admiral Dunsel wrote:Hi all,

I ran across both "Prelude to Axanar" and "Star Trek Continues" a month or so ago, and was very impressed with both!

Having Christopher Doohan reprising his father's role as 'Scotty' was great! In the first episode of 'Continues', Michael Forest returns in his original role as 'Apollo', and he absolutely nailed it!

Soon, I felt like I was watching some original episodes of TOS, that I had just never seen before.

Amazing how all these fan-produced videos can do a better job with Star Trek than Hollywood can.

I guess one of them does it because they care about what ST stood for, and want it to remain alive..., and the other one couldn't care less about ST, they just want the money.
As I understand it, which could be wrong, they aren't in a position to make a lot of money even if Axanar becomes a sensation, because of how Paramount plays it with fan made productions. At most it might be a stepping stone for them to something else.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

A series set in this time period would be great.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Platonian
Senior chief petty officer
Senior chief petty officer

Post by Platonian »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Finally saw this, and good lord this was awesome. :shock:
Yes sir, couldn't agree more! :D

Just in case, here's the link to the 21-minute episode on YouTube.
"It isn't faith that makes good science, Mr. Klaatu, it's curiosity."
Prof. Barnhardt to Klaatu, The Day the Earth Stood Still (1951)