SF Debris: The Pegasus

The Next Generation
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

SF Debris: The Pegasus

Post by Nutso »

http://blip.tv/sf-debris-opinionated-re ... ew-7021581
Opinionated Next Gen Episode Guide continues Romulan summer with The Pegasus. Riker's old captain is now an admiral and wants to go looking for the ship they abandoned 12 years ago, but the Romulans want it too, those jerks.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SF Debris: The Pegasus

Post by Captain Seafort »

Good episode, and good review of Riker's side of things, but I think it could have done with a bit of a look at the question of who was right. Chuck asked the question of why the cloaking clause was in the treaty in the first place, albeit leaving out the possibility that the Federation was loosing a war badly and had no choice but to sign whatever the Romulans put in front of them, but he didn't really look at whether the best interests of the Federation were being served by Picard and Riker or by Pressman.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Just started watching this one. For 'Captain Picard Day' alone this episode is awesome!
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

One of my faves. The scene where Picard grills Riker about the Pegasus mutiny changes their whole relationship. It was good to see Rikers character fleshed out a bit too.

My fave scene was Pressman ordering Worf to remove Picard from the Bridge, and Worf defiantly folding his arms. It shows the respect and loyalty Worf has toward Picard that he's willing to disobey a direct order, not to mention put his own feelings about the Romulans aside.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yeah, Pressman trying to take command was a definite, "Are you KIDDING me?!" moment.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yeah, Pressman trying to take command was a definite, "Are you KIDDING me?!" moment.
"Like hell, you've already lost one ship"
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

kostmayer wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yeah, Pressman trying to take command was a definite, "Are you KIDDING me?!" moment.
"Like hell, you've already lost one ship"
Well, that and I seriously doubt anyone would go along with it this time.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

The phase cloak is one of the greatest, if not the greatest advances in tech seen in Trek, even more so than the super Voyager tech.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I never thought that this ep was as dramatic as it wanted to be; I did, however, enjoy seeing the off-the-radar, nitty-gritty, "end-justifies-the-means" type of backroom less-than-moral but believed-necessary stuff in which Pressman was engaged set against the lily-white TNG-era UFP.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer