Star Trek Un-remastered

The Original Series
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Star Trek Un-remastered

Post by Varthikes »

In a few months, I will be watching the original Star Trek again. This time around, I wanted to watch, at least as many as I can, in their original un-remastered version. One, to give my VHS collection one last run-through before I seal them up forever. Two, because this time, I'll be watching it alongside other 1960s era television (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space, The Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants). I love the remastered versions and all, but I wanted to watch the show in the context of the 1960s.

So, I was wondering what episodes people feel should be experienced in their original version.

Here's what I have already in my collection:

"The Cage"
"Where No Man Has Gone Before"
"Mudd's Women"
"The Man Trap"
"The Naked Time"
"Charlie X"
"Balance of Terror"
"Court Martial"
"The Menagerie"
"The Squire of Gothos"
"Arena"
"Tomorrow is Yesterday"
"A Taste of Armageddon"
"Space Seed"
"The Devil in the Dark"
"Errand of Mercy"
"The City on the Edge of Forever"
"Operation--Annihilate!"
"Friday's Child"
"The Doomsday Machine"
"Wolf in the Fold"
"Mirror, Mirror"
"The Deadly Years"
"I, Mudd"
"The Trouble With Tribbles"
"Journey to Babel"
"Obsession"
"The Immunity Syndrome"
"Patterns of Force"
"The Ultimate Computer"
"The Omega Glory"
"Assignment: Earth"
"Elaan of Troyius"
"The Enterprise Incident"
"The Tholian Web"
"Day of the Dove"
"Wink of an Eye"
"That Which Survives"
"Requiem for Methuselah"
"The Savage Curtain"
"All Our Yesterdays"
"Turnabout Intruder"

Any others?
Last edited by Varthikes on Fri May 09, 2014 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
John Wain
Petty officer first class
Petty officer first class

Re: Star Trek Un-remastered

Post by John Wain »

I only ever watched the remastered episodes of TOS, but I think seeing them as they were initially would be great. I can't add any episode in particular to your list, but I think all of them are worth a go in their original format.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

So... half of the episodes on list #1... pondering adding more... Why not just go with them all, or make a list of ones to not bother watching in the original as it would be shorter?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Varthikes wrote:I'll be watching it alongside other 1960s era television (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space, The Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants)
Awesome, all those were great sci fi, all of them long before my time but still i love them. I would add Logan's Run and BSG.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

Jim wrote:Why not just go with them all, or make a list of ones to not bother watching in the original as it would be shorter?

I was just wondering what episodes, besides the ones I listed, people thought were best showcases of what they could do in the '60s.
Last edited by Varthikes on Fri May 09, 2014 10:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What has been done has been done and cannot be undone."--Ruth, All the Weyrs of Pern
"Dragons can't change who they are, and who would want them to? Dragons are powerful, amazing creatures."--Hiccup, Dragons: Riders of Berk
Varthikes
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Varthikes »

SomosFuga wrote:
Varthikes wrote:I'll be watching it alongside other 1960s era television (Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea, Lost in Space, The Time Tunnel, Land of the Giants)
Awesome, all those were great sci fi, all of them long before my time but still i love them. I would add Logan's Run and BSG.
Before my time as well. BSG and Logan's Run were both '70s shows, but the former is certainly on my list to watch when the time comes. And, I just add the latter.