Federation Battlestar

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Federation Battlestar

Post by Deepcrush »

Not sure how its untrustworthy to be honest. We've seen that most people can't pass through force fields/shields on their own but shuttles have flown through them any number of times. So it seems clear that mass/force/energy applied against the field can pass through it.

As to the "Trek Science" of it... I don't have a clue why it works that way...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

So where are the specs in this case?
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Deepcrush wrote:Current standings for the ship itself. Seafort is in charge of designing the ground forces.

Length 1923
Beam 1410
Height 435
Decks 126

Quad nacelle warp drive, quad impulse drive.

Crew of 5,000 with a 10,000 Marine Armored Division.

120 Fighters + troop transports + shuttles. (Fighters to be armed with QTs for use in fleet actions)

Retracting flight pods

Medical assets fit for up to 5,000 persons (this could include large numbers of stasis pods).

Weapons - 24 Mk18 dual turrets (8 dorsal, 8 ventral, 4 bow, 4 stern). 48 phaser/PTL turrets (two for each Mk18 turret at 50 rounds each), 2 pair of RFQTLs forward (250 rounds each). 80 Type III PTL (40 per flight pod at 500 rounds each) 16 Phaser/PTL turrets aft (4 per nacelle with 50 rounds each).

Munitions, 1000 QTs, 43,300 PTs

Armor - Outer hull 5m ablative, inner hull 5m high density.
Shields - Two overlapping bubble layers plus one skin layer (twenty five terajoules million each).

I added 16 DS9 turrets to the engines for aft protection. It was simple enough so I didn't feel the need to bring it in for debate. However, the flight pods currently lack any form of defensive ability outside of their PTLs. We also have no PDWs in place. Both of these will need to be addressed before this class can enter production.

Pretty nice. Pretty powerful.

1. Do you have ideas about what the ship will look like? Like any pics or standard photos?

2. Do you guys mind if I take one to command? Haha XP (sorry. HAD to ask)

3. Do you have a list (or at least a possible list) of names for these massive behemoths? Cuz if you don't mind, I would REALLY like to see the USS Enterprise become one of these behemoths. ^_^
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

Reliant121 wrote:Well, from what I remember of the attack just after Picard ordered the attack, the Nebula opened up with 4 torpedoes, the Thunderchild opened up with 3 torpedoes, a Steamrunner let off 3 torpedoes, the Enterprise let off 3 XII phaser volleys, the Thunderchild again let off 2/3 type X phaser volleys and a Norway let off a couple of phaser shots. EDIT: I cant believe I forgot the Big-E opening up with 3 quantum torpedoes.

However, its worth noting that the fleet had been stated to have worn out her secondary hull...
They have sustained heavy damage to their secondary hull *etc*
The amount of fire the Typhon fleet had managed to unload into it is unknown.
Actually, the Enterprise let off 5 total Type XII phaser volleys, 4 in the beginning of the onslaught, and 1 more before she unleashed her DEADLY volley of Quantum Torpedoes.
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

DarkMoineau wrote:Hello!

For my first post upon this forum I give you what i have thought after reading this topic. It's a little synthesis with extrapolation.
Length 1923
Beam 1410
Height 435
Decks 126
Crew: 5000
Armement:
24 2xMark 18 Disruptor (8 back, 8 belly, 8 prow) Total 4 920 000tw (205 000 by turret)
4 rapid fire front (1000 QT)
48 turet with 2xPulse phaser (1 440 000 Tw, 30 000 by turret ) & 2 photon pulser (4800 PT)
40 Torp tube port side, 40 torp tube starboard. Burst Type 3, 500 torpedo by tube (40 000 PT)
Weapon Range 1500
Defense:
8 Galaxy Class Deflector Shield= 21 600 000tj
Double Hull, SIF,Duranium Tritanium,
2*5m d'ablativ armor (150 440 = 7522Mt)
Propulsion:
Quad nacelle Warp Drive
Quad impulse drive
Warp 9.6 for limited time
Maneuverability: 500
Overall Strenght: 67310.692
I think a Battlestar will be a ship with higher Cruise speed, but low Max speed, so I have choose to give her the speed of a Galaxy, and because you have talk to use few Warp Core & Shield Generator, i guess that 8 shield from the first Galaxy will be a good choice.
For the power of pulse phaser, i have always guess that a pulse phaser from the Defiant has a power of 15 000 TW. For the Klingon Disruptor turret (an idea of Deep Crush i think) i have put the power of the Negh'var, if we want to see this Battlestar shoot enemies ship just like a Colonial Battlestar shoot a Basestar.

But, i am afraid that this "Project Adama" has too power, no?

Oh, and sorry for my english, but it's not my native language.
Hey, I thought that was pretty fine english XP ahaha. Do you mind if I take command of one of these? XP haha
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

Meste17 wrote: Hey, I thought that was pretty fine english XP ahaha. Do you mind if I take command of one of these? XP haha
Please take command, Amazon will delivery it by drones ^^
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

DarkMoineau wrote:
Meste17 wrote: Hey, I thought that was pretty fine english XP ahaha. Do you mind if I take command of one of these? XP haha
Please take command, Amazon will delivery it by drones ^^
Well, I meant if you can design for me a Federation battlestar and give me the specs on it? Can you also do it in the style of how DITL does it?
DarkMoineau
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by DarkMoineau »

You already have what you quoted as data if you want to work around it ;)
If you want to ask me, this avatar is a resized version of "The War Come Home" by Davemetlesits found on DeviantArt
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

DarkMoineau wrote:You already have what you quoted as data if you want to work around it ;)
Aw so the stuff you already put down? ;) Will you send it to me so that I can save it to my drive so that I won't have to keep asking you about it? please? ;)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Its in the topic. Go backwards.

I just have to ask, why do you want us to do all the work? Ate you in some sort of RPG.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:Its in the topic. Go backwards.

I just have to ask, why do you want us to do all the work? Ate you in some sort of RPG.
It's not that I want you to do all the work. I will be doing the work myself. Hell, I'm in the process of making characters for the ship. Yes, but this is for a fanfic I'm working on.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Meste17 wrote:

It's not that I want you to do all the work. I will be doing the work myself. Hell, I'm in the process of making characters for the ship. Yes, but this is for a fanfic I'm working on.
Its not just here. But you want us to make a picture of an idea we make when we talked about your Enterprise.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

McAvoy wrote:
Meste17 wrote:

Its not just here. But you want us to make a picture of an idea we make when we talked about your Enterprise.
Oh..... :/
Meste17
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Meste17 »

So is this right? :
Affiliation : Federation
Type : Explorer / Heavy Cruiser
Unit Run : To be determined.
Commissioned : To be determined.
Dimensions : Length : 1923 m
Beam : 1410 m
Height : 435 m
Decks : 126
Mass : ???,??0,000 metric tons
Crew : 5000
Armament : 24 x Mark 18 disruptor banks, total output 4,920,000 TeraWatts
48 x Class I rapid fire phaser pulse cannon, total output 1,440,000 TeraWatts per turret
Total phaser output: 7,800,000 TeraWatts
48 x Pulse fire quantum torpedo tube with 40,000 rounds
4 x Rapid fire quantum torpedo tube with 1,000 rounds
80 x Type 3 burst fire photon torpedo tube with 4,000 rounds
Defence Systems : High capacity shield system, total capacity 21,600,000 TeraJoules
Standard Duranium/Tritanium Double hull plus 10 cm Ablative armour.
Standard level Structural Integrity Field
Warp Speeds
(TNG scale) : Normal Cruise : 6
Maximum Cruise : 9.2
Maximum Rated : 9.6 for 12 hours.
Strength Indices :
(Galaxy class = 1,000) Beam Firepower : 156,000
Torpedo Firepower : 83,200
Weapon Range and Accuracy : 1,500
Shield Strength : 8,000
Hull Armour : 1,600
Speed : 1,000
Combat Manoeuvrability : 500
Overall Strength Index : 67,310.692
Diplomatic Capability : 7
Expected Hull Life : 100
Refit Cycle : Minor : 1 year
Standard : 1 years
Major : 20 years
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Where did you get the weapon power numbers from?