SFDebris: Living Witness

Voyager
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SFDebris: Living Witness

Post by Captain Seafort »

Blip

Great episode, and a damn good review of it. Chuck's demonstrated once again that, for all that his reputation is built around ripping crap episodes apart, he's at his best when having a good look at the concepts surrounding a good one.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: SFDebris: Living Witness

Post by Teaos »

My favorite VOY episode and a great review, I was expecting him to have more fun with the simulated crew.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I will watch it later but I have wondered how he would deal with the Dark Side Voyager. Especially considering how much he... detests Janeway.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I think he shied away from playing with the dark side crew because they're pretty much his parody crew personified. The jokes don't really work when they're not jokes but what the characters are actually doing. That and given just how good this episode is, also my favorite Voyager one, I'm fine with him spending more time discussing the themes than cracking obvious jokes.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Just saw the review this afternoon. Good review for the episode, and it deserves its kudos. I did like how he had trouble with the Stupid neelix Moment. ;)
Foxfyre
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Foxfyre »

Tyyr wrote:I think he shied away from playing with the dark side crew because they're pretty much his parody crew personified. The jokes don't really work when they're not jokes but what the characters are actually doing. That and given just how good this episode is, also my favorite Voyager one, I'm fine with him spending more time discussing the themes than cracking obvious jokes.
I would have to agree, his best reviews are the ones where he knuckles down on the episode. Granted when he has a joke of an episode he can often be funny.

Overall I thought this episode was average. The best parts are those with the doctor, well pretty much any episode that focuses on the doctor is gonna be decent.
Genius insania et conseri manum