What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by McAvoy »

Wait... I thought the 9.5mm was standard? I am only saying this because when the first 1 tb HD came out it was 12.5mm which wouldn't fit in most laptops. Now they come in 9.5mm.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

McAvoy wrote:Wait... I thought the 9.5mm was standard? I am only saying this because when the first 1 tb HD came out it was 12.5mm which wouldn't fit in most laptops. Now they come in 9.5mm.
The item in question is the DVD-ROM drive, not hard drive.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ahhh... this is why I need to not skim.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

McAvoy wrote:Wait... I thought the 9.5mm was standard? I am only saying this because when the first 1 tb HD came out it was 12.5mm which wouldn't fit in most laptops. Now they come in 9.5mm.
You're right I was thinking of HDDs.
email, ergo spam
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

IanKennedy wrote:
You're right I was thinking of HDDs.
So that's where I picked that up from when I skimmed.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I signed up to run a 5K for charity, my knees think I've lost my mind and are petitioning to have me committed. :P
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Last day of vacation. I feel like I accomplished a lot.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Later today I have my first appointment with the cardiologist since my heart attack... I have gone to my PCP, but this is the first with the big guy... crossing my fingers...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Good luck with that, Jim.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

And first day back... not too bad, actually. Took a bit to get back into the swing of things.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:And first day back... not too bad, actually. Took a bit to get back into the swing of things.
Yeah, it's always strange to come back to work after a substantial absence.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Yup. One good thing, everyone was genuinely glad I was back. :)
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

I've been ridiculously busy, been stalking the forums but haven't really had much time to post anything up unfortunately. Recently I've gotten a few extra clients as well as a bunch of extra work up at the Community College that I work at and go to. So I've been working a ton and have barely had any time home because of it. I've tried my best to get as much time home as possible on the weekends but even they have become tied up a lot with clients.

I've been told by my two best friends that I am a workaholic, I just like to think of myself as ambitious and willing to do more than the guy before me did.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I have been working excessively lately too, even to the point of going into work in my own time. My friends and colleagues think I'm a bit of a workaholic. Though with me it's not ambition. I have worked since I was 11 years old, and though I make time for my friends and personal time when I can, I always put my all into any job that I do. It's not ambition, as I don't care for money above a roof over my head (I live in a hostel) and food in my belly.

I get a bit agitated by the people that are unwilling to do the job when they expect to be paid for it, but I just get on with my stuff and leave them to it. Except when it affects my job, then I let them know how annoying they are.

I am actually looking into doing some voluntary work at the weekends if I can find anything suitable :-)
“Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again.”
― Captain Jean-Luc Picard
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Work's picked up for me, too. Not bad, since it means more money. ;) My family's getting ready for a HUGE yard sale at the end of the month. Can I interest anyone in some sod? ;) :lol: