Rear Admiral

Dollar < Euro?

Post by Monroe »

Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

As a European, I will now celebrate. :P
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

Exchange rates are a weird thing. China apperantly deliberatly keeps theirs low in order to allow them to be the place everyone buys stuff from.

Still probably not such a great thing overall.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I can't believe that anyone actually considers this news. I mean the Federal Reserve is considering its third prime rate cut in two months.

In addition, accepting foreign currency is not necessarily a low-water mark. My father was in London on business entertaining some gentlemen from all over the globe at a supposedly well-known restaurant known as Simpson's in the Strand. Well, they wouldn't accept his American Express (they charge merchants too much and take a long time to pay overseas,) so they ended up paying their check in American and Australian dollars, Swiss and French francs, Deutschmarks, lira, rubles, shekels, and a tiny bit of actual English currency.

BTW, for his efforts with exchange tables and a calculator, my father tipped the maitre d'hotel $100 US (about 75 pounds at the time.)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

The Euro has always been higher than the dollar. The USD is actually back above the CAD right now...
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...