VOY year 1

Voyager
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: VOY year 1

Post by stitch626 »

McAvoy wrote:Never been in the military have we? Rank holding is exactly like taking an order.

In the military they train you to take orders with the threat of punishment. They don't train you to take orders and then say 'you can do it if you want.' That is how it works and how it has always worked.

The Maquis do it the same exact way. Only difference is they have to use force because for some of them sitting in a brig isn't a big deal.

Oh and 'that is an order' in real life is redundant. Everything that comes out of a superior's mouth is an offer not a request unless he specifically says it is a request.
Yes, so as I pointed out, rank in Starfleet and the Maquis are no different other than their choices of discipline.

And I can see a reason for it as well. An officer in the brig for a set period of time is useless if needed. A officer with a sore mouth can still work. And the Maquis weren't exactly teaming with spare crew.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

stitch626 wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Never been in the military have we? Rank holding is exactly like taking an order.

In the military they train you to take orders with the threat of punishment. They don't train you to take orders and then say 'you can do it if you want.' That is how it works and how it has always worked.

The Maquis do it the same exact way. Only difference is they have to use force because for some of them sitting in a brig isn't a big deal.

Oh and 'that is an order' in real life is redundant. Everything that comes out of a superior's mouth is an offer not a request unless he specifically says it is a request.
Yes, so as I pointed out, rank in Starfleet and the Maquis are no different other than their choices of discipline.

And I can see a reason for it as well. An officer in the brig for a set period of time is useless if needed. A officer with a sore mouth can still work. And the Maquis weren't exactly teaming with spare crew.
Ahh... I misread your older posts.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

McAvoy wrote:
stitch626 wrote:

Ahh... I misread your older posts.
Thats ok, sometimes I tend to mash my points into a mess of letters in the hopes that some semblance of intelligence comes out.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.