No votes

Total votes: 6
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

S34E2: The Rings of Akhaten

Post by Captain Seafort »

Starts in five minutes.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: S34E2: The Rings of Akhaten

Post by Captain Seafort »

Meh. More than last week this one really suffered for lack of time. I could see a proper four or six part serial in there struggling to get out, but because of the modern format everyone was reduced to rushing about frantically, with at least three or four interesting characters who would have played major parts in an old style serial getting few or no lines. It's frustrating more than anything else, that you can see what could have been.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I'm not liking Clara. And the Doc... *Shrugs*
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Seafort wrote:Meh. More than last week this one really suffered for lack of time. I could see a proper four or six part serial in there struggling to get out, but because of the modern format everyone was reduced to rushing about frantically, with at least three or four interesting characters who would have played major parts in an old style serial getting few or no lines. It's frustrating more than anything else, that you can see what could have been.
Yeah. It's a god being awakened and some character development for the new companion. Should have been a slower paced story giving more character interaction. Maybe see what The Doctor would give up for that speeder thing. It was kind of weird how he just vanished for a bit, so we could have Clara start the story.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:I'm not liking Clara. And the Doc... *Shrugs*
I am ambivalent about her so far. She has a sob story, but so far the most interesting thing to me is what most interesting about her to The Doctor. Why has she appeared to The Doctor in 3 different times.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Another aspect of NuWho that I'm getting fed up with - most problems can be solved by thinking magical thoughts at them.

Seriously, how often has this happened? It seems like every other episode is solved by people just caring about things so damn much.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

A good Doctor Who story should either make me laugh, cry, or crap my pants. Lately they haven't done any of those things.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

The thing is Clara... she's not that special. Split across time? 'City of Death' is calling. It wants the plot back. :P Hell, they handwaved away Gwen and the maid from the Unquiet Dead being the same actress.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

At what point will he tell Clara her ultimate fate, or that her talent for dying is surpassed only by the Doctor himself, Rory, or Sean Bean.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Or realize the other rather more mundane explanations for her, including, "A big whopping coincidence"/ ;)