10 Million Visitors!

Important stuff, please read before posting
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

10 Million Visitors!

Post by IanKennedy »

Sometime last night the main DITL site received it's 10 millionth visitor! Our earliest records of updates on the site date back to 1998 15 years ago. We started counting visitors on the 20th December 2001. Thanks for all the support, we are constantly amazed at just how popular the site is given it's a personal site run and funded by a only two people. To examine that a little deeper Graham has written just about every single page on this site and I have produced all the nuts and bolts that make the site work.
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: 10 Million Visitors!

Post by Teaos »

And considering DITL does no advertising. I see people linking to DITL quite often on other sites, granted a lot of Star Trek sites closed down over the last 5-8 years. To see this one still going strong is great!
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

The staying power and popularity of the site are incredible, and are most definitely a testament to Ian's and Graham's work. Congrats.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Congratulations :) Been a huge fan of this site for years, keep up the great work guys. And many thanks for it :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Thank you kindly. I still remember the day I started the site, back before it was even called DITL - it was the "Starship Reference Pages" back then, and made up of about ten html pages. Pretty amazing to think of how it's grown over the years.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I think I was 13 when I first found the site when we first got internet after moving house. I think Portal was the first thing I read in terms of Fanfiction.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Ha, my commiserations on that :lol:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Cheers, Kennedys! :cheers:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

oh bugger, I'd been eyeing that one for days. Congrats Kennedys!
Bite my shiny metal ass
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Teaos wrote:I think I was 13 when I first found the site when we first got internet after moving house. I think Portal was the first thing I read in terms of Fanfiction.

Same here though I think I was 15 at the time. I think if was the same timeframe as the Utopia Plantia site.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Oh wow, I was still in high school when I first came here...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

stitch626 wrote:Oh wow, I was still in high school when I first came here...
And now you're a stormtrooper. **sniff** my little boy.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

A late but still-hearty congrats!