Please tell me this is wrong...

In the real world
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, would you admit it to a census taker... especially with all those Jedi around? :lol:
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
shran
Commander
Commander

Post by shran »

Trust me, idiots appear everywhere. If I am sitting somewhere in the hall during lunch break, Reading fellow students are coming towards me (coming towards me like converging on me in a swarm-like way) and ask me:"What are you doing?"

Really, how stupid can you get. My school is supposed to be a pre-university education school. I hope sincerely this isn;t the way homo sapiens is going. 3 million years going to waste like that....
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Oh I'm well aware of the stupidity of the average human, but I'm also chary of underestimating people's ability to be contrary just for the sake of it. Particularly when asked stupid questions.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
sunnyside
Captain
Captain

Post by sunnyside »

As an aside the smarter someone is (or at least the higher a degree they get/further they advance in a professional field) the fewer children they have on average.

Therefore, from a natural selection point of view, humans should be getting dumber every generation. At least in countries where this holds true (every "western" country I would imagine).
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

sunnyside wrote:humans should be getting dumber every generation.
Don't worry... we are.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Captain Peabody
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Captain Peabody »

As an aside the smarter someone is (or at least the higher a degree they get/further they advance in a professional field) the fewer children they have on average.
Well, if someone's education level always corresponded to his intelligence, then that might be true...in practice, all it means is all the rich, stupid socialites die off, leaving the rest of us much, much better off.
"Lo, blessed are our ears for they have heard;
Yea, blessed are our eyes for they have seen:
Let the thunder break on man and beast and bird
And the lightning. It is something to have been."

-The Great Minimum, G.K. Chesterton
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Captain Peabody wrote:Well, if someone's education level always corresponded to his intelligence, then that might be true...in practice, all it means is all the rich, stupid socialites die off, leaving the rest of us much, much better off.
Education level does roughly correspond to intelligence. I'm not sure how relevant the existence of various brain-dead "socialite" idiots is to this point.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

Thorin wrote:Let's just point this out to you...
UKTV Gold television surveyed 3,000 people
Note: UKTV Gold, and 3000 people - I doubt this was surveyed in Oxfordshire, either. Maybe Liverpool and Birmingham :wink:

Things like this, though, really frustrate me. They have utterly and blatantly lied. 'Quarter of Brits think Churchill was myth' - what utter crap.
And its a channel who dosn't have an entirely, shall we say, "reputeable audience" either. What an ass of a survey.
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!
MetalHead
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MetalHead »

shran wrote:Trust me, idiots appear everywhere. If I am sitting somewhere in the hall during lunch break, Reading fellow students are coming towards me (coming towards me like converging on me in a swarm-like way) and ask me:"What are you doing?"

Really, how stupid can you get. My school is supposed to be a pre-university education school. I hope sincerely this isn;t the way homo sapiens is going. 3 million years going to waste like that....
3 million years and we STILL let people wear tracksuits :lol:
"Beware what you intend to say, those words will always make you pay." - Soilwork

Booze and Strippers!