Star Trek Online (F2P)

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek Online (F2P)

Post by Tyyr »

Everyone should be able to invite people to the fleet. I'm usually on at night, @tyyrlym if you need to find me. Either Cesina or Tyyrlym for the captain name.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Can you ake a vacation on some uncharted planet with a few Orion girls?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Well Risa is in the game and Klingons can make Orion characters complete with slave girl outfits so if you're charming enough, yes.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Tyyr, could you change what ever needs to be changed so that everyone can access the fleet bank (I know I couldn't last time I got on). I know I've got/get some stuff that are pretty good but I don't want. It could also be nice to pool our samples (if people want to do that) since I know some people like to craft and others don't.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Huh, I thought that was set up. I'll check it when I get home and make sure everyone can.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Some more details, you have to be at least rank 6 to do the Ambassador mission. During the two weeks the event is running the mission will reward both a Tier 3 Ambassador and a Tier 5 Refit Ambassador. You can't open the box until you get to level 50 though. Sadly they aren't posting the stats of the ship yet. I'll be very interested to see if it Eclipses the level 40 freebie ships. The Odyssey from last year's event is a pretty nice ship so I hope the trend continues. The Klingon equivalent can be done once you hit level 22 KDF side.

I want to reiterate, you want to do this. Believe me, given that the Odyssey was the freebie last year you want to do this mission and get this ship. Make it a priority. You've got two weeks to get it done and a Tier 5 ship is worth 120,000 dilithium on the low end.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So what all needs to be done for this thing? Just play a mission a few times?
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Details aren't out yet but it should be something akin to the missions in game. If it's just a mission it'll be between 1 and 2 hours of play time. If it's an entire episode it could be five to eight missions. Personally I'm hoping for the former because I'd like to do it on all three of my characters.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The Ambassador stats have been published. It's a pretty standard cruiser by all accounts.

Tier 3
27,000 Hull
1.0 Shield Modifier
700 Crew
3 Fore Weapons
3 Aft Weapons
4 Device Slots
1 Tactical Consoles
3 Engineering Consoles
1 Science Consoles
BOffs: 1 LT. Tactical, 1 Lt. Commander Engineering, 1 Lt. Engineering, 1 Ensign Science
7 Degrees Per Second Turn
0.15 Impulse Modifier
+5 Power to All Subsystems

Tier 5
39,500 Hull
1.0 Shield Modifier
700 Crew
4 Fore Weapons
4 Aft Weapons
4 Device Slots
3 Tactical Consoles
4 Engineering Consoles
2 Science Consoles
BOffs: 1 LT. Tactical, 1 Ensign Tactical, 1 Commander Engineering, 1 Lt. Engineering, 1 Lt. Commander Science
7 Degrees Per Second Turn
0.15 Impulse Modifier
+5 Power to All Subsystems

It's not bad persay. It sits in a middle ground between the Assault Cruiser and Star Cruiser but it lacks any real hook that might give it a niche or thing to make you really want to use it. It's main defining trait is that Lt. Commander Science BOff station that will let you throw out things like Grav wells. I'm definitely getting it but I'll be dumping the Tier 3 version and probably outfitting the Tier 5 with blue level gear, phasers and photons just to keep it strictly Starfleet.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

For the first time in forever, I'm trying to play and there's a line. I'm currently sitting pretty #7289 out 11,917. I guess everybody really wants that ambassador.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

The Ambassador mission is fun. It should take you about 30 to 45 minutes to do it. Protip, once you get into the ship stop and fix your action bars and figure out what everything is. If you just go blazing off you're going to make your life harder than it needs to be.

The Ambassador itself... ehhh... I love the look of the ship but at the same time trading my assault cruiser's Lt. Cmdr Tac BOff slot and Lt. Science slot around isn't my favorite. You take a big hit in your damage potential and gain the ability to fling around some rather meh powers. Not a great trade in my book. I'll still get the ship on all my characters but it's not kicking anyone out of their current ride.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I so want that tier 5, is there anything different that I need to get it?
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

No, do the mission before the 14th and you get the Tier 3 and Tier 5 versions automatically. I tossed the tier 3 one but opened the tier 5 pack. Worth having but not something I'm going to get much use out of.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Okay, where the hell is this mission, I can't seem to find it.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

ESD, the engineer is right in front of Admiral Quinn's office.