Star Trek Online (F2P)

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Star Trek Online (F2P)

Post by Lt. Staplic »

As of right now for this week I can get on before 3:00 PM CST and after midnight CST any day. I have tomorrow off but have plans to get a lot of stuff done so I may/may not be able to get on depending on the time. I have Saturday off as of now, but I may pick up a shift. If I don't then I would be able to get on just about any time on Saturday.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Going on vacation soon so I'll be out for a while.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Leveling up my alts. The DOff system is great, most of the leveling of the alts has been nothing but DOff missions. Next Season is supposed to bring some UI tweaks so that if you're playing Klingon side but can't stand the red UI you'll be able to change it soon.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

If you want to level quickly here's another tip beyond DOffs and the Mirror Incursion.

Foundry Farming

You should be running Foundry missions, a lot of them are just great stuff that feels a lot like episodes of Trek, good ones, and they're great fun. Also, there is the "Investigate Officer Reports" mission available that gives you 960 Dilithium just for running a Foundry mission.

Now, something else to do at least once a day is run a farming mission. These are exactly what they sound like, a mission with nothing but a bunch of enemy battleships in it to blow up. They are not aggressive and won't attack and have a nebula radiation debuff that keeps them from raising their shields. In other words you blow them up and collect the loot. The most popular is the QWARK series, he has one for below 50 characters and one for 50's. They last long enough to fulfill the requirements for the IOR mission and will wind up coughing up 50 items for you. Fifty items happens to be the daily limit on items from Foundry missions. The benefit when you're leveling is you get the experience for killing a battleship.

To do this first make sure your inventory is mostly clear. Dump whatever you don't have to have on you in the bank. Hit the communicator shaped icon on the lower left of your minimap and look through the available missions for IOR and take it. Then go to the Foundry section and look for the QWARK Farmer mission. It'll likely be near the top if you sort by rating. Accept it and start it. When you do start open first on your first target and drop it to around 50 to 60% before hitting tab to the next undamaged ship and doing the same. Keep going until you've tagged at least ten to fifteen ships in each wave then destroy one. It's explosion will take out the others around it. Collect your loot and go to the next map. Keep it up until you finish.

So now you've got an inventory full of loot, what to do with it all. Well a lot of it is just junk. "Critical Components" allow you to repair your ship if you get destroyed during an elite ranked mission. You can just use EC's to do it at Earth Space Dock. So if you're low on space just vendor those. Batteries and such are up to you how many you want to keep. I just keep a stack of 20 on me and vendor everything else. The farming missions keep me topped off so no point in keeping extras. All white and green level consoles and weapons are vendor junk. They only sell on the exchange for a bit more than vendor price and take up some of your 40 exchange slots. The exception to this are turrets, those can sell for quite a lot, even green ones, and blue consoles or weapons some, SOME sell for quite a bit so it's worth checking. Ship shields, impulse engines, and deflectors can sell for a pretty penny so put them on the exchange. So you're going to vendor probably 3/5 to 4/5 of what you farm up and even the lower level farming missions will spit out probably 125 to 200k EC. Then you can get another few hundred thousand from sucessful sales.

On the exchange it's easy to look up items to price check them. Use the filters to limit things to the right level range. You'll get mostly items for your level so just set the level filter to whatever you are. Then set the rarity. Then go down to the right section of the exchange. Now just grab the item from your inventory and drag it up to the search bar. It'll auto-populate now just hit search. Personally when I farm I usually wind up selling most of the stuff for about 95% of the lowest price. I'll sell most of the stuff I farm up within an hour at most. I don't worry about getting the most for what I'm putting up, I just want to sell it off quick.

So, for about half an hour of work you'll get 960 Dilithium, a level or so from XP, and make about 400k EC. Add in the Mirror incursion every other day and you can be averaging 5 to 6 levels, 2,000 dilithium, and 800k EC every two days. Work like that and you can go from starting out to level cap in two weeks and you'll get there with several million EC in the bank.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

And another thing, don't waste a lot of money gearing up as you level. When you get a new ship go to the exchange and pick out some level appropriate green gear. Don't go crazy expensive on it but get the modifiers you like, (I recommend Acc or Dmg) and go. Nothing leveling is all that tough so there's no point spending lots of cash on a ship you'll level out of in a few days. Save your money until level 44 when you can start equipping your final free ship with level XI and XII gear that will last you for a while.

If you're running a lot of storyline missions or cluster exploration you want to keep your ground gear up to date but if you're just level grinding like I allude to above you can just ignore it and save the money.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Home from vacation now, ready to game up. Reach me on steam, FB or skype.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'm on almost every night so just give me a holler when we're ready to make the fleet.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I'm usually on around 5 and 11 pm EST.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I could probably have two more on for a bit between 10 and 11 CST.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

We just gotta get five together to found it. Funny thing is it's damn hard to find people without a fleet to help found one. Seems most people join one before they even hit level 10. Makes sense honestly, there are some significant benefits to doing so. I usually get several fleet invites any time I play on Cesina.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

same here with tons of fleet invites.

If Sonic, Deep, and Tyyr will be online between 10-11:30 CST (11-12:30 EST I think you're all in that time zone) then we could get our fleet created.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I should be on then. If anything I'll be on my main. Worst thing that'll happen is I'll be in an ESTF but that can wrap up in under 15 minutes.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I can be on then...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I can manage it.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Will be on, won't be playing since i'm doing some work but I'll have it running in window and you guys can just reach me on the DITL chat line or team invite me.