Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm, Star Wars Epi 7 Coming in 2015

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Disney to Acquire Lucasfilm, Star Wars Epi 7 Coming in 2

Post by Tsukiyumi »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Original cast... as in Luke, Leia and Han I hope. Not their actors.
From what I understand, original cast, as in Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Tsukiyumi wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Original cast... as in Luke, Leia and Han I hope. Not their actors.
From what I understand, original cast, as in Harrison Ford, Mark Hamill and Carrie Fisher.
Fuck it, I'll say it. "I've got a bad feeling about this."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

This isn't looking good....
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Fuck it, I'll say it. "I've got a bad feeling about this."
I don't know. If they're in supporting rather than central roles, a la Alec Guinness, then it might work.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

That is one hell of an IF.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Harrison Ford is still a great actor, and Mark Hamill has certainly turned into a great voice actor. Last rumor I heard was that the main character is going to be a female Jedi, so I'd guess they will be in supporting roles.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Supporting could work if they are there just as a kind of torch passing to the next cast. Hopefully they won't be a plot tumor.

And I should point out. It's not concern with the original cast as actors. It's that they'll go down the EU route of shackling the franchise to people who by all logic should no longer be playing significant roles in the galaxy to the point of ridiculousness rather than branching out into new territory.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tyyr wrote:people who by all logic should no longer be playing significant roles in the galaxy
Why not? Luke's the Grand Master of the Jedi Order, Leia is a senior politician, and Han is a) her husband and b) a retired general whose commission keeps getting reactivated. There's ample reason for all three of them to continue to be involved (and have a central role) in galactic affairs.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Lemme rephrase, people who by all logic should no longer be swinging a lightsaber or shooting a blaster on a regular basis. Yes, Leia is a senior politician but a high ranking Senator or the Secretary of state isn't taking command of a Destroyer to go hunt pirates. The leader of the Jedi order isn't grabbing a starfighter to go poke his nose into every little thing that happens. And commission getting reactivated or not Harrison Ford isn't going to be anyone's go to guy for commando raids anymore.

They'd make perfect sense showing up in the films in leadership roles but after sending out the new main cast on their adventure they just show up from there on out as holograms or whatever and let the new cast do their thing.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

They'll be used as a hook to bring in old fans and just people who know who they are.

People need to see some connection between the first 6 and this movie. People wont accept it just being in the same universe.

One way or another we will see characters from the first movies in these moveis in someway.

Also I bet my spleen that we the droids. Big merchandise money in them. Also maybe a new kind of light saber will show up, maybe the light whip or knun-chucks.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Lightwhip's been in the EU for a while now.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

See, the prequels have lowered my expectations of a new Wars film so bad that they could anounce anything and I'd still go see it on the grounds that it surely can't be worse </Inevitably wrong optimism>
Tsukiyumi wrote:Last rumor I heard was that the main character is going to be a female Jedi, so I'd guess they will be in supporting roles.
Well, unless they mean Leia...
Teaos wrote: Also maybe a new kind of light saber will show up, maybe the light whip or knun-chucks.
What.
Bite my shiny metal ass
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Sorry, the rumor was a young female Jedi.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Link

Dont know how reliable it is...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.