Star Trek Online (F2P)

Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Star Trek Online (F2P)

Post by Lt. Staplic »

We have 3 of us online now. Are there a couple more out there that can get on?
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

Did someone from here invite me?

If you did, apologies, but STO just happened to crash at the same time.

Forgot that its rather laggy even on lowest settings.

I may not be able to play with you guys. =\
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I've had it be super laggy on me before, it always corrects itself by the next time I log in.

Anyone who isn't friends with me yet on there, if you could send me a friend invite (or PM me your character@username so I can friend you) that would be great. If we're friends then it'll tell us where to find the other and allow us to get on the same team so we can become a fleet.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

For anyone who has passed it, has anyone had any problems with the mission Saturday's Child, particularly, "the Princess and the Klingon" phase when you have to beam down to the planet. for some reason every time I accept my away team it boots me from the game with the error: cannot transfer character, I don't know what to do, I can't bypass the mission and I can't complete it as it is either,
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

No clue, but Iapparently you can't join any online games till your Lt. level 5?
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

LaughingCheese wrote:No clue, but Iapparently you can't join any online games till your Lt. level 5?
Those are PvE instances. And they don't even get doable until LCmd, the starter ships is just so meh.
Lt. Staplic wrote:For anyone who has passed it, has anyone had any problems with the mission Saturday's Child, particularly, "the Princess and the Klingon" phase when you have to beam down to the planet. for some reason every time I accept my away team it boots me from the game with the error: cannot transfer character, I don't know what to do, I can't bypass the mission and I can't complete it as it is either,
I never had that issue... next time you (and me) are on we can do it together (as long as you make the group and I match your level there should be no issues with enemy strength) and see if it still pops up.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
LaughingCheese
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by LaughingCheese »

stitch626 wrote:
LaughingCheese wrote:No clue, but Iapparently you can't join any online games till your Lt. level 5?
Those are PvE instances. And they don't even get doable until LCmd, the starter ships is just so meh.

I see. New to MMOs. :P
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

stitch626 wrote:Those are PvE instances. And they don't even get doable until LCmd, the starter ships is just so meh.
Really? I've been running them for a while and I'm only a Lt. My starter ship sucked but going on those PvE's earns you the kit you need to really up your ship's power.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Deepcrush wrote:
stitch626 wrote:Those are PvE instances. And they don't even get doable until LCmd, the starter ships is just so meh.
Really? I've been running them for a while and I'm only a Lt. My starter ship sucked but going on those PvE's earns you the kit you need to really up your ship's power.
By doable I mean from start to finish in less than 5 minutes... maybe I'm just too used to the top level, might be time to start another character.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

If anyone gets on. At the time of posting there are 4 of us online right now. We need 1 more. If you can spare 10 min to get on please get on and friend me (shirsi@staplic1) and we can get this fleet made!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Okay, i was trying to change instance and suddenly couldn't chat anymore. But I have to get some sleep for work in a few hours. Maybe we can game up tomorrow when I have some free time.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Perfect world still refuse to believe that 1995 means I'm over 13 so I might not be on for some time. If necessary I'd create a new log in, but...it wont let me.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm getting on STO now, if anyone feels like joining.
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

I'm back home from vacation which means I'm back to work so the next time I'll be able to try is Friday, If we get three people that can find a common time to get online of friday I can bring #4 and #5.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I'm in for it.