B2 OOC

Moderator: Lt. Staplic

Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: B2 OOC

Post by Tsukiyumi »

I mean, I can see why OOC, but in-game, I just can't figure it out.

Cost of hiring and training new personnel?
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Still shouldn't have an impact on your planets industrial output. The amount of service required for the shipyards, they should be almost invisible resource wise next to a planet as a whole.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral
Commendations: Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by Lt. Staplic »

Reminder to everyone turns are due tonight. I'm planning on starting these when I get up tomorrow so anything I don't have by tonight won't be turned over.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

You'll have mine first thing in the morning.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I wasn't around to give it to you yesterday. You'll have it within the hour, assuming I don't get arrested for murdering my father. (DIY)
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I have a silly question, what causes a ship to be in the yellow Mothballs section rather than the grey Deployable section.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I may be mistaken, but I believe that any ships not deployed (remain in "Deployable" column) when the turn rolls over, are then placed into mothballs.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

correct, deployable means that it was just built/pulled out of mothballs and is waiting for orders. anything that is in the deployable column but isn't deployed when I get your sheet is put into mothballs.

Since I couldn't put this up earlier, I'll do it now: Turns are due FRIDAY this week. I'd like to get them turned over before we get too close to the holidays.
In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

So I noticed that along with the loss of twenty million in R&D, my TLs now only work at 0.1 ROF and I'm limited to 10 tubes with lasers that may damage paint on a lucky roll. What happened to the SCR system?
Lt. Staplic
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Lt. Staplic »

As I have stated before, Lasers appear to be very week only because the scale they are rated on was designed for TW output phasers. The lasers everyone started with were MW rated.

As for your ROF, check your inbox as I don't think you want me to post why here.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Considering how the rolls keep coming up for me, the others may get a nice laugh out of it.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

The lasers do the same damage now that they did before the change, just different numbers (which mean different things than before). Also, researching a new weapon design significantly lowers the rate of fire/power output per unit in numbers, however it is still a net increase in scr per unit (or the same... might be that instead).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Well maybe so for you but when I did my SCR check it was cut down to 1/6th max.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Huh... maybe I did my math wrong...
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

To be fair, its hard to say what is going on. I swear that the world leaders I'm stuck with are from the walmart greeters flunkout list.