She got skills.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: Funny pics

Post by McAvoy »

I didn't realize there was a cup on there after fifth loop.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Me neither, can't figure out why.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

She was just a typical woman... she had no further use for him so he was expendable.
GrahamKennedy wrote:Image
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

Be rescued while doing doggy style...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote:Be rescued while doing doggy style...
Yes. Good way to fight the cold.
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

"But darling... it's so small!"
"We are in freezing water in the mid Atlantic you know!"
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

One could argue about the reserve buoyancy of the raft. But to me in the movie it sat rather comfortably in the water.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

The Mythbusters tested this recently (with help from James Cameron himself) and found that Jack and Rose could indeed have both survived until the rescue boat arrived. Specifically, they verified that Jack would have died had he stayed in the water as portrayed but a person could survive out of the water in the cold air for the hour-plus Cameron specified the rescue boat took, even with wet clothes. A test with Adam and Jamie in a pool (on a proportionally larger raft to account for their larger size and mass than the heroes) showed that it's not easy but it is possible to arrange both bodies on the raft. They found that when they secured the life preservers they had at hand under the raft the buoyancy issues immediately became much more manageable. It would require a small but not unreasonable amount of work but it's quite possible to have both survive.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

McAvoy wrote:I didn't realize there was a cup on there after fifth loop.
There's a cup? :?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Well it is a disaster, I'm not sure how well irganised they would be. I'd just throw my one night stand off.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Captain Picard's Hair wrote:The Mythbusters tested this recently (with help from James Cameron himself) and found that Jack and Rose could indeed have both survived until the rescue boat arrived. Specifically, they verified that Jack would have died had he stayed in the water as portrayed but a person could survive out of the water in the cold air for the hour-plus Cameron specified the rescue boat took, even with wet clothes. A test with Adam and Jamie in a pool (on a proportionally larger raft to account for their larger size and mass than the heroes) showed that it's not easy but it is possible to arrange both bodies on the raft. They found that when they secured the life preservers they had at hand under the raft the buoyancy issues immediately became much more manageable. It would require a small but not unreasonable amount of work but it's quite possible to have both survive.
I saw the movie once and hated it, so I can't exactly remember the end. Did Rose ever say, "Jack, get up here. There's some room." Because I remember her being sprawled out on that thing and I was thinking, "Why not just scoot over, bitch?"
Stan - South Park
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I remember he tries toclimb up and it tips a bit then he gives up.

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Teaos wrote:I remember he tries toclimb up and it tips a bit then he gives up.
Then they did the best they could given the situation.
Stan - South Park