Funny pics

thelordharry
Captain
Captain

Re: Funny pics

Post by thelordharry »

I don't know why but I found that picture funny because it was so contrived. Yeah, I know it's not the first time in Trek. Anyway:

“To laugh often and much; to win the respect of intelligent people and
the affection of children...to leave the world a better place...to
know even one life has breathed easier because you have lived. This is
to have succeeded.”
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I don't get it.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Me neither.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I relation to the other posts. Picard with hair compared to the Shinzon with out at the same age.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

It was one of the weirder things about Nemesis. Tom Hardy has to look just like Picard... only of course, he doesn't. But Picard is bald... so let's say that he has always been bald, like he's got some genetic condition or something, and make Tom Hardy bald, so they will look alike!

Only Picard isn't completely bald. And has repeatedly been shown to have had hair in his youth and to have gradually lost it - TNG actually did a pretty good job of showing Picard at different ages with different amounts of hair. Whoever made that decision on Nemesis really dropped the ball. The only real way to explain it is that Picard went through a phase at the academy where he shaved all his hair off for some reason. I like to think that he lost a bet...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I like to think that he lost a bet...
Or was trying to win one.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Anyhows, if you think Tom Hardy with no hair is funny, lets see who can recognise Beard - and I don't mean Liam Neeson

"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Ken Marshall - Eddington
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Post by mwhittington »

Teaos wrote:Image
So, if the Joker were president, this would be his method for the death penalty? What a way to go, Roller Coaster Style!
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nah, too nice for the Clown Prince of Crime.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I knew who he was because I always really like the movie Krull for some reason. When I saw him in the show it took a while but I fainally figured out who it was.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

GrahamKennedy wrote:It was one of the weirder things about Nemesis. Tom Hardy has to look just like Picard... only of course, he doesn't. But Picard is bald... so let's say that he has always been bald, like he's got some genetic condition or something, and make Tom Hardy bald, so they will look alike!
That is really stupid! I wouldn't believe it if I had not seen the movie myself.
Only Picard isn't completely bald. And has repeatedly been shown to have had hair in his youth and to have gradually lost it - TNG actually did a pretty good job of showing Picard at different ages with different amounts of hair. Whoever made that decision on Nemesis really dropped the ball. The only real way to explain it is that Picard went through a phase at the academy where he shaved all his hair off for some reason. I like to think that he lost a bet...
TNG did a good job. Kid Picard was great and the guy from Tapestry was quite believable too. And finally we got Patric Stweart's younger version of Picard on Violations with some hair, a very good mid step.

Those idiots from Nemesis screwed it up big time.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

They addressed them not quite looking alike in the movie itself, "not quite the face that you remember" and any argument about being bald holds no water. In high school a friend of mine had ling hair, almost to his waist. In the second year of college he shaved his head one night and has shaved it ever since.

Shinzon didn't have facial hair either, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't grow.

The Remans dont appear to have hair so maybe Shinzon shaved his head to fit in better.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Jim wrote:They addressed them not quite looking alike in the movie itself, "not quite the face that you remember" and any argument about being bald holds no water. In high school a friend of mine had ling hair, almost to his waist. In the second year of college he shaved his head one night and has shaved it ever since.

Shinzon didn't have facial hair either, but that doesn't mean that it doesn't grow.

The Remans dont appear to have hair so maybe Shinzon shaved his head to fit in better.
Very good point. I belive to think the writers thought of it is to give them too much credit. I am prety sure they did it because if Picard is bald, shinzon had to be bald too because they really think us, the viewers, are too stupid to know bald people may have had hair when they were younger.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!