Formula 1 is evil

In the real world
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Formula 1 is evil

Post by Tsukiyumi »

We're talking about 100,000 signatures in Texas... which is less than 0.5% of the population of the state. Sounds like a small group of fringe looney whiners to me.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Vic wrote:Don't forget that there are six other states (Louisiana, Florida, North Carolina, Alabama, Georgia and Tennessee) doing the same thing. Instead of derision shouldn't the response be "when so many people are complaining we should really pay attention to their complaints"? It is indeed far easier to do something idiotic, like call them "sore losers" or "country bumpkins", rather than try to address their problems.
We are talking about folks throwing a temper tantrum because they lost the election (ignore the fact that the vote was rather close in half of those states). You can't address that aside from a spanking/grounding.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

Bite my shiny metal ass
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Griffin wrote:Relevant
I now have an urge to post silly petitions...
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I'm increasingly of the opinion that those people don't believe one word of what they say and the whole thing is just a sham to get publicity. I read once that there are several lawyers in the family and outside of donations their main source of income is suing people who attack them. Sounds like a scam to me.

That is my general feeling about it as well.

Unfortunately they are not alone. Many times I have seen pamphlets about the evils of reading books or watching TV. I have seen pamphlets on these types of churches that want donations so they can buy a private jet or something frivolous.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Vic
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Vic »

Well, since this is really much to do about nothing (the petitions that is) there really should be nothing to comment about. Other than making one self feel superior to the complaining losers.

And actually on topic; Formula 1 is indeed evil, must start a petition on the White House site! :P
God is great, beer is good, and people are crazy.
.................................................Billy Currington
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I am like Mikey, in having no real words for the sheer stupidity of this.