What's the latest in people's lives?

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: What's the latest in people's lives?

Post by McAvoy »

I voted for Jon Stewart.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

All traffic lights in my area are finally working again, a week after Sandy knocked them offline. I feel a lot safer now.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mine too. Finally. I had to learn new ways to make a left turn because they closed off the turns.

Anywho seems like the construction on the overpass near me for the expansion of the NJ turnpike exit by me is finally going somewhere. I am tired of sitting in traffic there for twenty minutes to drive 1,000 feet from my house.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Just had a few Raspberry Chocolate Stouts at this local brewery called Triumph. Happy hour indeed. $3 pints and my $4 calamari.

Anyway the raspberry stout is dangerous. I am a dark beer drinker and do not like fruity beers, but this beer is one of those you can enjoy too much of it.

Good day overall.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

So I have recently discovered I really like Baileys + Kahlua. Even though I hate coffee.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Today's the one-year anniversary of my brother's suicide. I'm not in a good frame of mind at the moment.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Had to write myself for being late to work yesterday morning. A rather annoying issue when I was already busy with other things. So now I'm in that weird place between protocols since I'm the highest rank in which write ups can process. Going to be a confusing Monday, I feel it already. Time to go hunting for a day or two to clear my head.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

stitch626 wrote:So I have recently discovered I really like Baileys + Kahlua. Even though I hate coffee.
B-51
Baby Guinness
Feefissy

add Vodka you have a "Blind Russian"
add Vodka and chocolate milk you have a "Mudslide"
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Saw 'Wreck-It Ralph' with my friends today. Always good to see them. :D
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Today's the one-year anniversary of my brother's suicide. I'm not in a good frame of mind at the moment.
Damn. I know the feeling. Coming up on two years since one of my best friends killed herself. Inadvertently, but six of one... I'm sorry, man.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

Well, we're off on holiday Thursday. Two weeks touring around Ecuador followed by a week cruising around the Galapagos Islands, including trips to many of the islands. Should be very interesting to put it mildly. It will be by far the most expensive holiday we've ever been on, including our "world tour" honeymoon and the week we had in the Maldives...
email, ergo spam
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I've heard good things about the Galapagos cruise...
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Have fun, Ian! :D
Angharrad
Captain
Captain
Location: In the big chair, finally, swinging my feet 'cause I'm short. Lower the chair Scotty DAMMIT

Post by Angharrad »

I bought a bonsai last Saturday. Last street fair of the year, prices on everything were reduced.
“You cannot play God then wash your hands of the things that you've created. Sooner or later, the day comes when you can't hide from the things that you've done anymore.”

And then Buffy staked Edward. The End.

From Slave to Princess
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

A large tree limb that fell due to Sandy a bit further up my block was finally cleaned up this afternoon. It didn't cause any damage to the infrastructure (our power lines are under the street) but did completely block part of the sidewalk for pedestrians.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who