The Walking Dead

Everything else
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: The Walking Dead

Post by Teaos »

Just finished season 2, I love the Hershall character, adds a nice dimension, I did like Dale but I think Hershall makes a better cliche old guy.

I think all the character have a nice dynamic, the only one I dont like is T-Dog and thats because he hasnt really has a plot to himself and they just treat him as the token Black guy. It would have been so much cooler if the only black guy wasnt a big strong dumb guy like the stereotype, have him be a professor, Neil DeGrass Tyson would be a awesome person to go through the Zombie apocalypse with.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Carl never stays in the house... ever.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Season 3 is on going and going VERY strong. The Ricktatorship is ruled with an iron fist.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

The stupidity is knee deep though. The way they have been clearing the prison wants to make me claw my own eyes out.

If I was there I would have cleared the outer courtyard by stabbing them through the fence, saving ammo. I would do the same to the inner courtyard, make a lot of noise until they come to the fence then stab them, if needed, send the Asian kid in to run around screaming getting any stays to follow him back to the fence. Once secure grab all the bodies and take them out of the compound and away from where they might pollute the river or ground.

Once everyone is rested and settled a bit, secure one area inside the prison where they can lock themselves in for safety. Then proceed to throw open doors yelling and banging and seeing if anything comes to you, slowly clearing areas one at a time.

Hell if they were really ambitious they could have gotten the walkers from the inner area of the prison to follow a person acting as bait and trap them between the inner and outer fence as a sort of extra guard. That way if any other living people come by they see the walkers and carry on thinking the place is infested.

The prison is an ideal base of operations, they can plant food, store goods, place watches in the towers, maybe even take a few people in to help with the place.

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I'll give you that. When they started into the prison just five in a circle I was wondering what the hell they were thinking. Then again walkers against an armed and prepared person isn't really a fight. The only way walkers are much of a threat is when they are in great numbers (like in a prison) or able to hide and ambush you (like in a prison).

I like how Rick is treating Lori. Not that I like watching their marriage dissolve but I do like that there are consequences to what she's done, serious ones.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Yeah its nice to see he's hardened up. I think the kids going to be a problem he has pissed me off since day one. The redneck is the best character though.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I dunno, the kid is reasonably competant, he's just a kid. So he's got the ability but lacks much in the way of good judgement. Sort of what you expect out of a 12 year old.

The end of Season 2 was really Rick realizing that trying to be democratic about it was suicide as most of the group was too dumb to live. He could either take full control or he'd wind up dead along with Carl. I'm not entirely sure he'd even bat much of an eye if Lori was killed right now.

I'm glad to see T-Dawg coming to the fore more. He might as well have not been on the show last season.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I dont like T-Dog, he would have been dead 10 times by now if it wernt for everyone else but he still acts like he would be better off by himself.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Are we talking about the same guy? Black, wearing a vest right now and carrying a riot shield? The last time he was seriously considering leaving that I can recall is in season 1.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

2 episodes ago, final of season two he wanted to bust out and head for the coast. Then before that he told Dale the two of them should abandon the group and head off by themselves.

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Good few episodes. Epic death scene. Sadly I felt no emotion at the last death since the character was so damn unlovable. Would have been sweet if it had been an alien like scene.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Going back to T-Dawg, was he wrong about ditching them? He and Dale were the two most level headed in that bunch of psychos. If they'd ditched them they'd both probably still be alive.
T-Dawg went out like a man. I'm really not happy he died but I think he died well. So many people in this show go out horribly. He at least managed a noble sacrifice to try and save someone else. I did like that he wasn't delusional, he knew he was a dead man the moment he was bit, he just tried to hold out long enough to save Carol before he died. I hope Carol is alive. Not out of any particular love for the character, just so that T-Dawg's sacrifice isn't in vain.

Lori, yeah, Season two really removed any ability to sympathize with her. She came off as a completely irresonsible (why aren't you watching my son that I care so deeply about but won't actually watch myself!), out of touch (Stop defending the camp and do woman's work Andrea!), sychzophrenic (You should proably kill Shane, he's nuts. OMG you heartless monster you killed Shane!), bitch. I will say they made a good try at it. While I still didn't feel anything towards her the way Rick treated her in the previous episode where she reaches out for him and he just treats her like any other survivor was very well done. Then the look Rick gave her right before the walkers attacked hinted that they might just be able to salvage something once the constant pressure to survive was gone.

Then Glenn's fuckbuddy slit her belly open and ripped the kid out. Sucks to be her.
I think Carl's about to go off the damn deepend. Kid was already marginal but after that he's going to go postal.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Just curious, how painful would it be to play catch up over a long weekend? Is this one of those take your time to let everything sink in series, or more of a watch and enjoy type?
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

You can power through it pretty easy. The core group is pretty easy to follow, you get a few randoms show up from time to time but just let them be the spice to a wonderful zombie stew.

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Painful? More like joyous. If you have the time and won't get interrupted Walking Dead is awesome. Like Kevin Smith said, remember how you'd watch zombie movies as a kid and wish they didn't have to end? Well this one doesn't. We're more than 16 hours into the zombie apocalypse or about 8 movies worth. It's great stuff.