1 season = 1 year

Enterprise
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: 1 season = 1 year

Post by Teaos »

Not only that, but there would have been a fleet of ships on space out over time sent to the planet, not just one.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I didn't really watch much of Enterprise, but I'm pretty sure they said the reason they didn't send any more ships is because the Novan colonists didn't want any more settlers. Or something along those lines. But even if that was the case, Earth still could have maintained communications, or ensured a ship passed every few years to check on them. Then when communications went dead, send a ship to find out why?
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

But the original settlers took years to get there, they would have sent more ships on the way before the first even got there.

And fuck the colonists. its a big planet and they cant own all of it. Someone paid billions to get them there, I doubt they built that ship themselves.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

I agree with you Teaos, apparently Earth and Starfleet don't :)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Teaos wrote:But the original settlers took years to get there, they would have sent more ships on the way before the first even got there.

And fuck the colonists. its a big planet and they cant own all of it. Someone paid billions to get them there, I doubt they built that ship themselves.
Yeah, doesn´t have much sense.
The goverment or some uber corporation just spend like a zillion dollars (or whatever) to send them to stablish the first extra solar human colony ever (and is not just the money, a proyect like this would have huge implications) and then they just decided they want it all for themselves and everybody on Earth is ok with that. No way!

Imagine if Columbus had never returned to Europe, so a couple years later a new expedition arrives to the same spot he did and he is like "Sorry, this is my new world, go find yours", and the queen of Spain say "Oh ok, it was my jewels that paid for the trip but it´s ok, it was his vision"

Even if the authority on Earth pretends to respect their wishes, they (or any other) could have send another expedition to the other side of the planet and the original colonist may have take years to notice it.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!