New movies on Blu-Ray

The Next Generation
Jim
Captain
Captain

New movies on Blu-Ray

Post by Jim »

I got a $15 promotion from Amazon that I needed to use by 9/30 so I just bought the TNG movie Blu-Ray box set. It ended up being about $20. I was torn between getting the TOS movies or this set. I opted for this set as the TOS was listed at only a 16% discount, compared to 38% for the TNG set.

A number of the reviews for the TOS set blasted it because it was original cuts... not the newer directors or extended cuts. Is it worth it anyway, or wait for Blu-rays of the longer cuts?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: New movies on Blu-Ray

Post by IanKennedy »

Jim wrote:I got a $15 promotion from Amazon that I needed to use by 9/30 so I just bought the TNG movie Blu-Ray box set. It ended up being about $20. I was torn between getting the TOS movies or this set. I opted for this set as the TOS was listed at only a 16% discount, compared to 38% for the TNG set.

A number of the reviews for the TOS set blasted it because it was original cuts... not the newer directors or extended cuts. Is it worth it anyway, or wait for Blu-rays of the longer cuts?
I've got all the BluRay's that are available for films and TOS and TNG. The films are all original cuts with no extended versions available. Some of the TOS films haven't really been polished for BluRay either. If you look at our films section you will see pictures from ST-TMP through ST-Generations which are captured from the BluRay discs. If you compare those with First Contact and above you will see the marked difference for DVD vs BD. You will also notice that some films are not as 'clean' as others. On the whole I think I would go for the TNG films box set as they are the latest to be made and so need less doing to them.
email, ergo spam
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: New movies on Blu-Ray

Post by Jim »

They didn't get here yet... but for only $20 it will be nice to have them on hand encase I want to watch them. It sucks that studios just toss versions out there to get mone... but don't reall try to make them better.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...