Yesterday's Enterprise by the roots

The Next Generation
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Yesterday's Enterprise by the roots

Post by Deepcrush »

Granitehewer wrote:I read a lot of designer's notes about the Vor'Cha design from nacelles to colouring that it was supposed to imply an assimilation of Federation technology but I'm not sure if it is a case of valid unless disproved in an episode/film or merely totally invalid and conjecture.
To be fair, there's nothing to say that the production of the Vorcha wasn't inspired by UFP advancements.
Granitehewer wrote:I wonder how many Vor'Cha could be built in a set time compared to Galaxy or Nebula Class...
We can only guess but I'd say at least four. The shape of the Vorcha means you could build the ship in four smaller sections and just link them together. Klingons aren't big on comfort so the interior wouldn't have to be even completed for the Klingons to launch them. KDF ships seem to be weapons and engines that have a ship built over them. Mass production seems far more then likely. But again, we can only guess.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Granitehewer wrote:Infrastructure is important too, the Klingons may have their system geared to pump out ships at a faster rate than you'd assume based purely on economics, a bit gestalt.
The ability to build three Vorcha class in the same space as a GCS doesn't hurt you either.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I dont think it would be exactly 3 to 1. the GCS may be three times the amount of resources but I think it would be less of strain building 1 large ship than three smaller ones.

You have to build and install three warp cores, computer cores ect. That would make the build time and the industry required to build them a bit higher than just building one of each component for the GCS, even if they are larger.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I didn't mean three because of mass but by volume instead. The Vorcha is a far more compact design with a far more simple overall production requirement. Flat and narrow vs the height of the GCS.