Future trilogy?

Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Future trilogy?

Post by Teaos »

The chances of episode VII, VIII, IX?

I ask not because I want them but because I am suprised they haven't been made just to whore more money from the feanchise.

With Lucas gone and remakes and shitty sequels the buzz are we gonna see a continuation?

Should we?

Can it be done well?
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Future trilogy?

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Can it be done well? Yes. Almost anything could be done well. Odds of it being done well... that's a whole other kettle of fish.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

"Can it?" -- Almost Certainly
Will it? -- Almost Certainly not...

I for one would be interested in seeing the Thrawn-trilogy books turned into episodes VII, VIII, IX (there also the only expanded universe books I've really read ... conversations on here have convinced me to stay away from most of the stuff not by Timothy Zahn).
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Yeesh, I hope I never live to see VII, VIII, and IX. If the decline in quality is commensurate with the decline from the OT to the PT, a new trilogy would have all the artistic merit of cats fucking.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

Mikey wrote:Yeesh, I hope I never live to see VII, VIII, and IX. If the decline in quality is commensurate with the decline from the OT to the PT, a new trilogy would have all the artistic merit of cats fucking.
Ok, how about this?

Christopher Nolan decides to tackle Star Wars and takes over episodes VII, VIII and IX, using all the EU as his playground, without any input from Lucas, i.e., he has free reigns, as with Batman...

I know I'd be ecstatic... :Drool1:
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Chris Nolan Star Wars... wow. There's a concept, man. :shock:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

I can't get the sound of darth vaders respirator coming out sounding like batmans stupid voice.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

There was talk of adapting the YJK into a TV series in the 90's, but it fell through. Oh, what might have been...
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Can it be done well? Yes. Almost anything could be done well. Odds of it being done well... that's a whole other kettle of fish.
If Lucas is not involved in the casting nor in directing... it has pretty good chances of being done well. He can stay in charge of visual development though.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Mild tangent, but it relates, I swear. ;) 'Plan Nine from Outer Space' and 'the Day The Earth Stood Still' both have the same basic premise. The devil was in the details and execution, though. I feel the same thing with any possible sequel can happen. best script in the world, but bad execution produces crap. Good execution can save a bad script, though. Well, sometimes.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

I think Ed Wood was quite a special case. Lucasfilms probably couldn't find a director like him if they tried. :lol:

However, I think there's a point at which it really doesn't matter who directs. Star Wars has become large enough to smother itself. Face it - they could have resurrected Errol Flynn in his prime for the PT, and it still wouldn't have been "swashbuckling" enough for some fans; they could have shown caps of the series bible in the PT films, and it still wouldn't have explained continuity enough for some fans; etc., etc. Remember, the OT falls very short in many aspects of science fiction, because it was a melodrama - a "space opera" a la old pulp serial stories. As such, the Original Trilogy succeeded because it was original (even when it wasn't, but that's a different topic.) The OT's unprecedented success was a factor in ensuring that those fans would be less than thrilled with whatever came out as the PT, and that effect would be further magnified for any new trilogy because of pressure to exceed that.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

Teaos wrote:I can't get the sound of darth vaders respirator coming out sounding like batmans stupid voice.
It wouldn't necessarily sound like it, but seriously, that's the only thing you got out of Chris Nolan's trilogy?
Even if we forget the Superhero aspect, these movies were great, and Nolan's take on SW would definitely elevate the material, and bring SW back to the fun and impressiveness it lost due to Lucas's idiocy...
At least, I believe so, you may disagree of course... :P
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I dunno, as much as I enjoy his Batman films and eagerly await the opportunity to see the latest, I wouldn't want him to do Star wars, seeing as though his gritty realistic approach to Batman ruined the most iconic villian.
Bite my shiny metal ass
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I hope you do not mea the Joker Griffin.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

I did.
Bite my shiny metal ass