Battleship

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: Battleship

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Game's the same, it seems. And maybe some cyberpunk hacking thing where the ladders represent hacking and...

I got nothing.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Snakes and Ladders movie : Archeologists trapped in massive ancient underground labyrinth. They open some ancient chamber of the Snake God, and a million snakes pour forth! Watch as they scramble up ladders from level to level, whilst fighting off the snakes!

...now I want to write this and sell it for millions of dollars...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

GrahamKennedy wrote:Snakes and Ladders movie : Archeologists trapped in massive ancient underground labyrinth. They open some ancient chamber of the Snake God, and a million snakes pour forth! Watch as they scramble up ladders from level to level, whilst fighting off the snakes!

Honestly?

That's probably more thought put into at least 2/3 of most movies made nowadays.
IanKennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by IanKennedy »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Snakes and Ladders movie : Archeologists trapped in massive ancient underground labyrinth. They open some ancient chamber of the Snake God, and a million snakes pour forth! Watch as they scramble up ladders from level to level, whilst fighting off the snakes!

Isn't that the next Indiana Jones film "Indiana Jones and the Rape of our Childhood".
email, ergo spam
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I thought it was a Samuel L. Jackson sequel. "Get these mother-fucking snakes off my mother-fucking ladders!"
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Praeothmin
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Praeothmin »

Mikey wrote:I thought it was a Samuel L. Jackson sequel. "Get these mother-fucking snakes off my mother-fucking ladders!"
Yeah, after "Snakes on a plane!", it's "Snakes in a Toomb!", but I prefer the former to the "latter"... :laughroll:
The truth always depends on which side of the fence you're standing... ;)
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I just watched this yesterday and I didn't think that it was too bad. EVERY alien invasion movie has some sort of easily exploitable vulnerability. You have to expect that. At least with this one it is that this was apparently just a small scouting force as opposed to the entire invasion force (ID4). The low tolerance for the bright sunlight is also better than water being like acid to them (Signs). There was a quick, sort of telepathic exchange where they show that this race is a war-monger or conquering type of race, but it is very quick. The telepathic exchange seems to be the #1 option for writers to get that part of the story across now-a-days.

Out of everything my two gripes would be … when they first started the Battleship moving… where did the HUGE wave that the bow cut through come from? The very next cut shot showed a calm sea...? The other is the skidding the Battleship sideways when dropping the anchor. Ouch!
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I am planning to watch it tonight. Only after I had several beers though.

So when is Connect Four The Movie coming out?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Dont give them ideas.

I watched in on the plane to NY and was thoroughly bored.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Teaos wrote:Dont give them ideas.
They don't need the help. :lol:
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

If you don't mind a spoiler, I'd wonder why the Destroyer crew didn't select three missiles from the massive salvo head towards the three dishes on the mountains. The alien ship has a massive salvo in their face, do they have attention to spare for three more missiles going away from them?
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I assumed that the writers were going with and "out of range" type though process... even if it was technically well within range.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Finally sucked it up and saw the movie.

As a raw action flick, it was no worse than any Bay film (not saying much there).
As anything else, it was downright annoying/terrible.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Watched it. It's ok.

For the record, not a single ship will turn like that when dropping an anchor. Also, I never knew that battleship turrets can repair themselves within seconds.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Nanobots.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.