Breen Attack on Earth

Deep Space Nine
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Post by SomosFuga »

Captain Seafort wrote: That's rich, coming from you. I sometimes wonder whether you consider the laws of physics to be superior to your own opinions.
:laughroll:
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Deepcrush wrote:
Captain Seafort wrote:Wrong. They covered about 2/3 of the visible portion of the planet. About 1/8 of the planet overall.
Watching on Youtube, even when the screen view is angled, little of the surfuse was left uneffected. The officer's statement stands unless you have another canon statement to over turn it.
Link please
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Mikey wrote:No, my post was about to what a canon reference refers. If Picard had said, "Hey - I really like Earl Grey tea!" then it is canon evidence of the fact that he said it - the canon evidence of the fact that he really does like it comes from the depictions of him enjoying said tea, not from him saying that he does. The situation with the Romulan officer is no different.
True but the romulan girl had no reason to lie, why would she?
Plus Garak was there looking at the screen yet he didn't corrected her and nobody seemed to doubt what she said as if it were not credible info.
Imagine a fighter's pilot after shooting a regular missile on an enemy spot in some random city and reporting: "Target destroyed, about 20 blocks blocks around were also destroyed by the blast" and the controler is like "ok, that sounds about right... What 20 blocks with one missile?"

Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

SomosFuga wrote:True but the romulan girl had no reason to lie, why would she? Plus Garak was there looking at the screen yet he didn't corrected her and nobody seemed to doubt what she said as if it were not credible info.Imagine a fighter's pilot after shooting a regular missile on an enemy spot in some random city and reporting: "Target destroyed, about 20 blocks blocks around were also destroyed by the blast" and the controler is like "ok, that sounds about right... What 20 blocks with one missile?"
Canon statements are only to be taken as canon when they are in support of the admin or mod's opinion. Otherwise they are just happy to lie about whats going on.
SomosFuga wrote:Link please
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QN2ZrTpv ... re=related
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Really mikey? That's it? Get caught being a dumbass again and you decide to troll over it... While you may miss me, I simply pity you.
No, rather I tend to ignore commentary which has no basis in reality - such as yours here. However, pity me all you like... if that makes you feel better about yourself, I have no problem with it.
You'll keep lying, I'll continue to pity you. Sounds fair enough.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I watched the episode on Tuesday. They show very little as to the damage done, but it was frankly not that impressive. Some buildings and the Golden Gate Bridge were damaged. The GGB was heavily damaged, but both towers were still upright. Not that impressive for a planetary attack. I think it goes a long way to proving that planetary bombardment was not a viable reality. WW2 bomber damage looked more extensive.

This was the new enemy trying to prove their value to the Founder, attacking the HQ of the Federation... and they did nothing more than a Dolittle Raid. Not much of a power move.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Canon statements are only to be taken as canon when they are in support of the admin or mod's opinion. Otherwise they are just happy to lie about whats going on.
Read that, "Canon statements are only to be taken as canon in reference to what they refer onscreen, never mind Deep's fantasy land."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer