Breen Attack on Earth

Deep Space Nine
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: Breen Attack on Earth

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Your post was nothing more then an extended attempt to skirt a midline in a conversation while adding nothing more then your thought that canon only counts if you feel like it. I took the sugar coating off of what you said. If you don't like being pointed out for something, don't do it.
No, my post was about to what a canon reference refers. If Picard had said, "Hey - I really like Earl Grey tea!" then it is canon evidence of the fact that he said it - the canon evidence of the fact that he really does like it comes from the depictions of him enjoying said tea, not from him saying that he does. The situation with the Romulan officer is no different. If you can't understand my posts or choose not to read them, that's your prerogative - but if so, then don't try to comment on them. If instead you're just trying to circumvent how things work because you need artificial support for your ideas, then just nut up and put your ideas out there without attempting to make up shit about the applicability of canon. As you say, "If you don't like being pointed out for something, don't do it."
Deepcrush wrote:Other then the topic at hand which is the Breen attack on Earth.
More specifically, at this point the conversation had focused on the existence of dedicated, specialized planetary bombardment weapons. Try to read the conversation first, I promise it will help.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

More specifically, at this point the conversation had focused on the existence of dedicated, specialized planetary bombardment weapons. Try to read the conversation first, I promise it will help.
Well at least it is related to the original topic which is a rare thing on derailed topics.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

McAvoy wrote:
Well at least it is related to the original topic which is a rare thing on derailed topics.
Now, what are your opinions on the TR-116? :takecover:
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

:lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:
McAvoy wrote:
Now, what are your opinions on the TR-116? :takecover:
Well.... it looks like a gun that can shoot stuff.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

McAvoy wrote:
Mikey wrote:Now, what are your opinions on the TR-116? :takecover:
Well.... it looks like a gun that can shoot stuff.
Prove it...

Never mind. Nice work McAvoy. :lol:
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Really mikey? That's it? Get caught being a dumbass again and you decide to troll over it... While you may miss me, I simply pity you.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Really mikey? That's it? Get caught being a dumbass again and you decide to troll over it... While you may miss me, I simply pity you.
No, rather I tend to ignore commentary which has no basis in reality - such as yours here. However, pity me all you like... if that makes you feel better about yourself, I have no problem with it.
as Bull offed Custer
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Teaos »

Change of topic...

This thread is now about fire ants.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Those big red ants that look like they can lift my shoe if I step on them?
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Can a ship shoot enough fire ants to destroy the crust of a planet? :happydevil:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Can a ship shoot enough fire ants to destroy the crust of a planet? :happydevil:

It's not a question of how many ants it shoots, it's a question of how hard it shoots them. ;)
as Bull offed Custer
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

GrahamKennedy wrote:Can a ship shoot enough fire ants to destroy the crust of a planet? :happydevil:
Judging by my lawn, yes.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

Well you do live in Texas...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Captain Seafort wrote:
SomosFuga wrote:Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. We can't assume those shields exist or not
Yes it is, and yes we can.
No is not. And i guess you can but you would be guessing at best.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!