The Dark Knight Rises

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

The Dark Knight Rises

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Two months away, but it's a big one. Movies 1 and 2 in the series were fantastic, and I'm eagerly anticipating #3. Tom Hardy can't be worse as Bane than he was as Shinzon (albeit the latter just wasn't written too well either).

Trailer # 1
Trailer # 2
Trailer # 3
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The Dark Knight Rises

Post by McAvoy »

He was good in Warrior.

Actors can only do so much with a shit script.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

He was good in Inception -- I didn't recognize him as Shinzon at all. And he seems competent in Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy based on the trailers (I haven't had the occasion to see the film yet :()
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I'm just wondering if they are going to go with Bane having the Venom, or just being really strong naturally.

Oh and who is really behind it, because Bane never did anything of his own initiative.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

I just can't get past the voice. Every time Batman opens his mouth it puts another crack in the quality of the movie.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

Jim wrote:I just can't get past the voice. Every time Batman opens his mouth it puts another crack in the quality of the movie.
Well, its not like they could have gotten Kevin Conroy to do the voice... :(
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Does anyone understand what Bane is saying in the trailers?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

stitch626 wrote:I'm just wondering if they are going to go with Bane having the Venom, or just being really strong naturally.

Oh and who is really behind it, because Bane never did anything of his own initiative.
Well, Christopher Nolan has put his own spin on every other character so Nolan's Bane will probably be a bit different. Anyway, from the promotional materials I get the impression this Bane will be an intellectual as well as physical force and he will be the mastermind himself. I'm curious to see how this version of Catwoman plays out.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

stitch626 wrote:
Jim wrote:I just can't get past the voice. Every time Batman opens his mouth it puts another crack in the quality of the movie.
Well, its not like they could have gotten Kevin Conroy to do the voice... :(
Just have him talk relatively normal or how he did in the first movie.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

I am under the impression that Bane suffered exposure to a poisonous gas due to negligence. Bane blames corporate greed for this negligence. To breath (and thus live) Bane must constantly use a respirator to supply a steroidal inhalant. A side effect of the inhalant is that it makes him strong.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Trailer #4

And, I am getting rather excited about this. Wish my mom was around to see it; she loved The Dark Knight in IMAX.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

They're showing Batman Begins and The Dark Knight in the cinemas over here as a double bill. Tempted, but gonna watch em at home instead.
stitch626 wrote:Well, its not like they could have gotten Kevin Conroy to do the voice... :(
Rewatching Batman TAS at the minute. For a so called childrens show its incredibly well written.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Dark as all hell in some points, too. I wouldn't call it a 'children's show'.
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Indeed. Just watched the episode where Harvey Dent is introduced. Love how he appears as Harvey for an episode or 2 before his transformation into Two-Face.

Still hoping for a rerelease of Mask Of the Phantasm, I still consider it the equal of the Bale films.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

I love what they did with Freeze. 'Heart of Ice' is just so... it took a D-list villain and made him A-list. God, so much of this show was put into the comics. Renee Montoya, Harley Quinn, Lock-Up, Freeze's origin story...