Dark Shadows

From 2001 to Invasion of the Body Snatchers
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Dark Shadows

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

Save your money and wait for this to come out on VHS and Betamax. It was not as funny as the commercials depict but I am glad I saw it.
Alice Cooper is the ugliest woman alive.

The costumes were fabulous.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Jim
Captain
Captain

Re: Dark Shadows

Post by Jim »

I had started to watch the old TV show off Netflix but quit after about 20 episodes. It was just far too slow and, frankly, boring.
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

I didn't watch the old TV show but did at least Wiki it before going to see the film. I'm not sure if fans of the series will like the film, but I enjoyed it. It was not the comedy the trailer made it out to be (not sure whose fault that was) but after the google-ing the series I expected it to get darker. I think it actually does that fairly well, it has some nice humorous bits but starts to get darker towards the middle and end. It was a fun film that I enjoyed and while I probably wouldn't see it again in theaters it is at least in the running for owning one day.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Not a bad movie at all, not worth seeing in the theaters but worth the rental.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu