The life size Enterprise that almost was

Trek Books, Games and General chat
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Re: The life size Enterprise that almost was

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Well, let's see. *Digs into pockets* I got twenty cents.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

McAvoy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yeah, just the sheer WTF factor of this thing would've drawn in crowds by the boatload, myself included. To stand on that bridge, to sit in that chair...
Oh shit I forgot about being on the bridge and seeing that view!
Assuming the structural requirements would allow them to put anything in the saucer section, rather than making it as lightweight as possible and putting all the sets in the engineering hull. They'd still be able to have a bridge set, but I think there'd be something missing to have a ceiling or screen above you rather than just a window.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Captain Seafort wrote:
McAvoy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Yeah, just the sheer WTF factor of this thing would've drawn in crowds by the boatload, myself included. To stand on that bridge, to sit in that chair...
Oh shit I forgot about being on the bridge and seeing that view!
Assuming the structural requirements would allow them to put anything in the saucer section, rather than making it as lightweight as possible and putting all the sets in the engineering hull. They'd still be able to have a bridge set, but I think there'd be something missing to have a ceiling or screen above you rather than just a window.
That is true. I find it very doubtful that anyone would be able to reach the saucer through the neck anyway. I suppose a bridge would be possible if they made a thick enough support column that can fit a elevator or stairs through the middle of the saucer.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"