Extra Centauri Ships

Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Extra Centauri Ships

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

Here is a video of the Centauri v. Earth battle in the Lost Tales.
At 0:10 a Kutai Gunship may be seen to the 7 o'clock position of the exploding Warlock Destroyer.
At 0:17 a Balvarin Carrier may be seen to the 4 o'clock position of the attacking Warlock Destroyer.
Here are some pictures of the Centauri ships I am talking about.

This battle is a dream planted in Sheridan's brain by the Technomage Galen to depict what might happen. Should those vessels be considered B5 Canon?

Oh and at 0:21 a Primus Battlecruiser may be seen to the the 7 o'clock position of the attacking Warlock Destroyer. In this scene the Primus is hammering an Omega Destroyer with it's twin heavy arrays. Again there is no evidence of a Primus using its battle-lasers in any B5 Footage.
Last edited by Tholian_Avenger on Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Extra Centauri Ships

Post by Deepcrush »

Since its meant to be future view, but goes unquestioned, you can give the vision some benefit of doubt to being or not being cannon. As to the battle laser armaments in B5. Short range fire, minus the Minbari, is most often pulse fired were long range is beam fired. Considering that by B5 standards the EF and CN ships are almost running into each other, could easily explain the issue.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

I think it is very interesting that they used AOG:B5W models.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

The fun part is with the extra information on the Warlocks, the Centauri would be the good guys to destroy them.
Warlocks were built with Shadow technology, and could be remote-controlled by the Drakh. So the Centauri are hunting down rogue Earth Alliance shis that got into their territory, or are helping to defend against the Warlocks' attacks. There wasn't a single control piece of Shadowtech, but better insulators, power conduits, data cables, etc all had a little extra, and that extra is enough to form a low level intelligence. And since it is a Shadow tech, you need Vorlon aid to get rid of it.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Coalition wrote:
Warlocks . . . could be remote-controlled by the Drakh.
Source?
Coalition wrote:
So the Centauri are hunting down rogue Earth Alliance shis that got into their territory, or are helping to defend against the Warlocks' attacks.
Source? This was during Londo's reign so the Centauri Empire was controlled by the Drakh.
The Centauri Novels Trilogy told how a power hungry prime minister Durla arose while Londo was enfeebled by the Drakh Keeper. Under telepathic influence by the Drakh, Durla found a repository of Shadow technology; upgraded and expanded the Centauri military. The Centauri were readying a strike against ALL the major homeworlds which would coincide with the execution of Delenn and Sheridan. Vir led the successful revolt to overthrow Durla and the Drakh.
If the novels are still cannon, I don't know how Prince Vintari's warmongering fits in with the Centauri Trilogy.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Because the Prince would have been the successor and due to his constant fears of enemies, the perfect puppet to drive the CR's warmachine.
Coalition
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Coalition »

Tholian_Avenger wrote:
Coalition wrote:
Warlocks . . . could be remote-controlled by the Drakh.
Source? This was during Londo's reign so the Centauri Empire was controlled by the Drakh.

If the novels are still cannon, I don't know how Prince Vintari's warmongering fits in with the Centauri Trilogy.
This is after the Drakh are kicked off. The link to the Vorlon aid mentioned how the Warlocks were built with Shadow tech, and a Vorlon ship was needed to fight it off. Drakh can control Shadow tech (as seen how they were controlling the Centauri ships, especially whrn the Drakh told the Centauri ships to not fire on Delenn).

My theory is the vision of the Warlocks fighting as seen in Lost Tales would be after the Drakh decide to use the Warlocks as their heavy hitting ships, or simply turning them rabid. The Centauri ships are helping the galaxy out, destroying the ships (among other races doing the same). The Prince can use the Warlock attacks as an excuse for them to fight Earthforce (who just lost their main warships), or treat it as part of the Drakh war.
Relativity Calculator
My Nomination for "MVAM Critic Award" (But can it be broken into 3 separate pieces?)
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

A unique theory, but does it come with any cannon support or is it just something you like to consider for fanfic?
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

This is after the Drakh are kicked off.
It is supposed to happen around 2301, in a timeline where the Prince was never pacified. I will concede this point. It is possible, however, that the Drakh would not have been kicked off of Centauri Prime if Prince Vintari was never pacified by Sheridan.
Drakh can control Shadow tech (as seen how they were controlling the Centauri ships, especially whrn the Drakh told the Centauri ships to not fire on Delenn).
Those were ship control computers specifically designed for remote operation. They were essentially the Drakh version of the MQ-9 Reaper.
the Drakh decide to use the Warlocks as their heavy hitting ships, or simply turning them rabid.
This is entirely your speculation, though it is a fun one. I don't believe we even have any confirmation of the Drakh still existing after Vir became Emperor. Again, I don't believe we have any source showing the Drakh ever assuming control over a Warlock Destroyer.
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

John Sheridan in Hidden Agendas wrote: "I agree. Look, the number one danger of having shadowtech in these
ships is that they can be compromised. Their systems can be taken over
by someone using a stronger shadowtech systern, which leaves whoever's
commanding them vulnerable. For the moment, at least, the best thing
we can do is to make sure that Susan doesn't have to deal with that
problem. lf the other Warlocks should fall, we need to ensure that she
can remain in command of her own ship, and act as she feels
appropriate."
John Sheridan in Hidden Agendas wrote:It was Ivanova's ship now,
no one else's, no hidden agendas, no chance of compromising control.
He knew it could come in handy someday, if whatever leftover
shadowtech programs had been implanted in the Warlock class of
warships was ever activated. lf that day came, he knew that there
would be at least one ship free of that influence, that would not go
along with the rest, that would be independent.
And it seemed utterly appropriate to him that it would be Ivanova's
ship...
Sheridan, Garibaldi, Ivanova, and Franklin were concerned about the Shadowtech being compromised. To an extent the Titans was compromised by physical contact with Ulkesh's ship and a strong, experienced telepath.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

Who the hell would dare mess with Susan Ivonava? - the right boot of god sent to kick their sorry asses back to where they came from. Those Drakh better have some big balls on em :)
Ivonva at her best
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Ivonava was easily the backbone of the Army of Light. She brought a fire and passion to the cause that so many others lacked.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

And as a character in a TV show, she was just so bad ass.