The ever-mobile Kiwi

A place to hang out and chat about whatever
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: The ever-mobile Kiwi

Post by McAvoy »

Mikey wrote:Depends on the season/weather and the accompanying meal for me. I find that beer is like wine in that the best beer for a meal is often one from that cuisine's nation of origin - Tecate or Dos Equis with Mexican food, Asahi or Sapporo (Ki-rin is Japanese Budweiser) with Japanese food, etc. I like witbier or Pilsner Urquell in summer, while fall or early spring often call for a Scottish heavy, porter, or amber ale and winter is for stouts, maibiers, and bocks.
I am the same way. While I will drink a stout or a porter on a hot day I won't do is as often as during the winter days. Summer beers is when I lean towards lighter beers. Not light beer, just lighter than a stout.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

I unfortunately don't get to spend as much time here as I used to due to work. But I do love to see the power of TR-116 is still inforce. The thread had to be split from another as it didn't follow topic, now it morphed into a thread about booze, all we need is strippers and it's just like old times sans our robot overlord.

BTW one of the best beers I have had from the 47 countries I've been to in the last 3 years is Alaskan summer ale. The worst. Anything from south America, they CANNOT make a good beer.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

I think it's the first time a thread has needed such effort to go into renaming it though.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

My influence back on the forum, if Rochey and Deep got involved as well we would have to call in the men in black to wipe memories or we'd go insane from the randomness of it all.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.