SFDebris: Learning Curve

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: SFDebris: Learning Curve

Post by McAvoy »

I liked this episode personally even though I do get a chuckle that cheese may destroy the ship and Neelix caused it.

This episode should have been the whole first season and maybe even the second season. Except not quite as light as this though.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

First season, yes. Second season... half of it, with some lingering issues, mostly good-natured, IMHO.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:First season, yes. Second season... half of it, with some lingering issues, mostly good-natured, IMHO.

I am not saying it should be an all out conflict between the crew. At least some sort of conflict between the two crews.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

McAvoy wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:First season, yes. Second season... half of it, with some lingering issues, mostly good-natured, IMHO.

I am not saying it should be an all out conflict between the crew. At least some sort of conflict between the two crews.
Oh, yes. I agree. Sorry, there. But yeah, when the person next to you is the only friendly face in this quarter of the Milky Way... I figure after a bit the tensions have to lessen.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Oh, yes. I agree. Sorry, there. But yeah, when the person next to you is the only friendly face in this quarter of the Milky Way... I figure after a bit the tensions have to lessen.
Or they'll go from bad to worse, with the Maquis blaming the Feds for Janeway's idiocy stranding them on the wrong side of the galaxy, and the Feds blaming the Maquis since if they hadn't been chasing them they wouldn't have been on the wrong side of the galaxy in the first place.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Captain Seafort wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:Oh, yes. I agree. Sorry, there. But yeah, when the person next to you is the only friendly face in this quarter of the Milky Way... I figure after a bit the tensions have to lessen.
Or they'll go from bad to worse, with the Maquis blaming the Feds for Janeway's idiocy stranding them on the wrong side of the galaxy, and the Feds blaming the Maquis since if they hadn't been chasing them they wouldn't have been on the wrong side of the galaxy in the first place.
That, too. :P
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

That would have worked too.

Hell maybe passing comments about conflict between the crew if not shown would have been better.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Clenched-teeth teamwork, basically? "I hate your guts but I hate being in the Delta Quadrant more'!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Exactly.

Or just a weekly report about a fight between the two crews. This isn't a 'happy fleet' afterall.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

This episode could easily have started a long running B plot for the show to lean on during its A plots. An absolute shame they wasted it.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Alot of things were wasted in Voyager and the relationship between the Maquis and Starfleet was one of them. Voyager might as well have been an all Starfleet crew.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Janeway declared they were going to be a Starfleet crew at the end of Caretaker. You don't expect anybody to actually question her statement do you? :o
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Good point. Good idea to never anger the pyscho holding all the power.