Time Squared

The Next Generation
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Time Squared

Post by Mark »

I finally found an episode that shows battle damage to the mighty E-D. It was otherwise a rather silly episode. Hell, how would a Romulan officer suddenly jump into the conn station on the flagship and know how to operate the console? Hell, why were Romulans even in sensitive areas of the ship like the bridge and engineering? And it was never explained why the Romulan ship fired on the E-D at all.

Any other thoughts?
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Time Squared

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:Hell, how would a Romulan officer suddenly jump into the conn station on the flagship and know how to operate the console?
Romulan intelligence is a lot better than any sane military would ever want it to be.
Hell, why were Romulans even in sensitive areas of the ship like the bridge and engineering?
They were trying to establish a power transfer from the E-D to the warbird. Presumably Romulan expertise was needed, given that a Fed crew is unlikely to be well versed in the exact operating procedures of an enemy ship.
And it was never explained why the Romulan ship fired on the E-D at all.
The aliens hiding in the Romulans' singularity warp core trying to prevent the power transfer being established.
Any other thoughts?
Yeah, what's any of the above got to do with Time Squared? :P
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Did I name the wrong damned show???????????????????????????????????????????????
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Mark wrote:Did I name the wrong damned show???????????????????????????????????????????????
I believe it was Timescape ;-)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Captain Picard's Hair
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Captain Picard's Hair »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mark wrote:Hell, how would a Romulan officer suddenly jump into the conn station on the flagship and know how to operate the console?
Romulan intelligence is a lot better than any sane military would ever want it to be.
On the other hand, there are numerous other examples of this sort of thing in Trek, not involving a race associated with the Tal Shiar.
"If you can't take a little bloody nose, maybe you ought to go back home and crawl under your bed. It's not safe out here. It's wonderous, with treasures to satiate desires both subtle and gross... but it's not for the timid." Q, Q Who
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
Mark wrote:Did I name the wrong damned show???????????????????????????????????????????????
Think Mark may have been confusing it with Picard Squared, where Picard deals with the psychological effects and practical ramifacations of having his exact double walking around by shooting him.
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Don't worry, Mark. Those time travel episodes can run together a bit. :lol:
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

kostmayer wrote:
Tinadrin Chelnor wrote:
Think Mark may have been confusing it with Picard Squared, where Picard deals with the psychological effects and practical ramifacations of having his exact double walking around by shooting him.
In all fairness, if I had an exact double walking around, I'd do the same :-)
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Post by Griffin »

So you're a fighter, not a fucker?

Reference
Bite my shiny metal ass
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Any time Picard draws smiley faces in the cloud of a warp core breach, I start to lose focus. :)
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Ah, that was one of the highlights of TNG for me! :lol: Picard going nuts? Made of win!