Post War Fed Shipbuilding

Deep Space Nine
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Re: Post War Fed Shipbuilding

Post by alexmann »

Why? :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil:
ImageImage
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

alexmann wrote:Why? :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil:
That's why.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Alex...mods are green for a reason. Just like Dr. Banner, bad things happen when we get angry. Don't go out of your way to irritate us, pretty please? :)
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Mark wrote:Alex...mods are green for a reason. Just like Dr. Banner, bad things happen when we get angry. Don't go out of your way to irritate us, pretty please? :)
You rip through your shoes and everyone notices that you are wearing purple pants?
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Jim wrote:
Mark wrote:Alex...mods are green for a reason. Just like Dr. Banner, bad things happen when we get angry. Don't go out of your way to irritate us, pretty please? :)
You rip through your shoes and everyone notices that you are wearing purple pants?
Yeah, except when it happens to Mark the pants are absent. Just like every other day of Mark's life. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

He's totally lying to you, just go for it.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

I was joking. However, I would like to know what type of fire it is as we only see semi auto.
ImageImage
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

alexmann wrote:I was joking. However, I would like to know what type of fire it is as we only see semi auto.
While this isn't the place for it, this little sub-conversation should be quick. This speaks to both the question itself and to the nature of canon:
alexmann wrote:we only see semi auto.
There you are. For a question about any other modes of fire of the TR-116 to be possible, you would have had to have seen something that could be interpreted as a fire-selector switch on the gun - not backstage, not shown later on a model, but on the gun onscreen during the episode. I never have, so your answer was contained within your own question-that-wasn't.
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Mikey wrote:
Jim wrote:
Yeah, except when it happens to Mark the pants are absent. Just like every other day of Mark's life. :P

Pants are totally overrated anyway. I mean, if you have to keep taking something off anyway, why put the damned things on in the first place? :?

We don't really know if the TR-116 has fully auto or not....but as it was being used as a snipers weapon and the bullet was being beamed into a different room, I don't see what it would need fully auto for.
Jim
Captain
Captain

Post by Jim »

Mikey wrote:
Jim wrote:
"... and then they say 'why don't you go put some pants on' but that it THEIR problem!"
Ugh... do not thump the Book of G'Quan...
Tholian_Avenger
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Tholian_Avenger »

He just came down from the Ilse of Skye. . .
6 Star Admiral of the Loyal Water Buffaloes and Honorable Turtles
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:We don't really know if the TR-116 has fully auto or not....but as it was being used as a snipers weapon and the bullet was being beamed into a different room, I don't see what it would need fully auto for.
As Mikey pointed out, there's no fire-selection switch, and we don't see it being used full auto. Ergo, until such time as we see it again, with either of these characteristics, then it's semi at best.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Mark wrote:We don't really know if the TR-116 has fully auto or not....but as it was being used as a snipers weapon and the bullet was being beamed into a different room, I don't see what it would need fully auto for.
As Mikey pointed out, there's no fire-selection switch, and we don't see it being used full auto. Ergo, until such time as we see it again, with either of these characteristics, then it's semi at best.

And at worst... I don't recall seeing a hammer, bolt, or lever either. :P
as Bull offed Custer
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Captain Seafort wrote:

We don't see a toilet in the show either. Can we assume they don't exist either? All I'm saying is that just because it wasn't used doesn't mean it's not a feature. And how closely could you inspect the weapon for a fire selection switch? Starfleet puts its option selectors in some odd places, usually requiring the user to pull the weapon off target to adjust it. So, I stand by what I said. WE DON'T REALLY KNOW IF THE TR-116 HAS A FULLY AUTO FEATURE OR NOT.

And semi at best? We saw it used semi. I certainly didn't see a lever, pump, or bolt being used...did you? :poke:
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Mark wrote:We don't see a toilet in the show either. Can we assume they don't exist either?
We do, however, have evidence for their existence - human anatomy.
So, I stand by what I said. WE DON'T REALLY KNOW IF THE TR-116 HAS A FULLY AUTO FEATURE OR NOT.
Exactly. Therefore, as I always point out, unless there's evidence for a given thing's existence, logic dictates that we assume it doesn't exist. Occam's Razor.
And semi at best? We saw it used semi. I certainly didn't see a lever, pump, or bolt being used...did you? :poke:
I didn't see a magazine either.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.