Admiral Cain

SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Re: Admiral Kaine

Post by SolkaTruesilver »

I think we are a bit past believable sci-fi anyway. Can't we just file this into te cylon's magical hacking abilities and call it a day?

The point was about why the original Galactica didn't had simulators, and the two points i suggested was lack of resource at time of design compared to more critical needs and fear of Cylon hacking infiltration in any overly complex networks.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:Then why was Galactica suffering system penetration when she networked?
Because the virus or program was already in the system.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:Because the virus or program was already in the system.
They'd already flushed it out, if indeed it was ever installed on Galactica, given that she was being decommissioned.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

And she had an older computer, and Adama forbade any networking on his ship. The virus could very well have been sitting, ready to go in some file somewhere, but without a method to travel the entire system, it wouldn't do anything.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
colmquinn
Commander
Commander

Post by colmquinn »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:I think we are a bit past believable sci-fi anyway. Can't we just file this into te cylon's magical hacking abilities and call it a day?

The point was about why the original Galactica didn't had simulators, and the two points i suggested was lack of resource at time of design compared to more critical needs and fear of Cylon hacking infiltration in any overly complex networks.
I'm gonna go with you personally on this one, but we love to argue on this site as you well know :) )
But I can't throw, I throw like a geek!
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: Admiral Cain

Post by Mark »

Corrected misspelling of character name on thread from Kaine to Cain.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Captain Seafort wrote:
Deepcrush wrote:Because the virus or program was already in the system.
They'd already flushed it out, if indeed it was ever installed on Galactica, given that she was being decommissioned.
When did they do that exactly...

As of the mini-series, that little cylon box was still in place. During S2, the virus was still in the computer because when they went for that linked jump Galactica still had to deal with the virus spreading.

When did they flush it, right before they crashed into the sun?
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

When Athena dumped it into a Cylon fleet and crippled a thousand raiders.

I am just watching Pegasus, the 1st episode. Damn the whole thing was good writing. They really go heavy playing with your emotions. first, from the acknowledging of the miracle of having another Battlestar around. Then the doubt sowed about Adama's command capacity (because Cain DOES make good points). And Adama's ultimate show of loyalty to his men...

Down to the realisation of just how much of a heartless bitch she was.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

I've seen Michelle Forbbes in three different roles, in TNG, Battlestar Galactica, and True Blood.

She always seems to portray characters with a similar attitude in my opinion.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mark wrote:I've seen Michelle Forbbes in three different roles, in TNG, Battlestar Galactica, and True Blood.

Even better was that the character of Kira was based off of her.
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Deepcrush wrote:Even better was that the character of Kira was based off of her.
Not so much "based off" as "hastily rewritten when she decided she wasn't interested". Much as there's an argument that "Nick Locarno" was actually just a pseudonym.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

SolkaTruesilver wrote:
I am just watching Pegasus, the 1st episode. Damn the whole thing was good writing. They really go heavy playing with your emotions. first, from the acknowledging of the miracle of having another Battlestar around. Then the doubt sowed about Adama's command capacity (because Cain DOES make good points). And Adama's ultimate show of loyalty to his men...

Down to the realisation of just how much of a heartless bitch she was.
I'm actually thinking about one day asking SFDebris to do a review of the Pegasus/Resurrection Ship arc (unless one of you people with money would like to do it first).
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Deepcrush wrote:
Mark wrote:I've seen Michelle Forbbes in three different roles, in TNG, Battlestar Galactica, and True Blood.

Even better was that the character of Kira was based off of her.
Kira AND Torres were characters based on her. You can see the similarities in base character.

Well.. you can for Kira. I don't think Torres ever evolved past that point. Her outright racism against Cardassians sure would have made a lot more sense if she had been Ro.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't think its hard for any Bajoran to have an outright racist view of the Cardassians.
SolkaTruesilver
Commander
Commander

Deepcrush wrote:I don't think its hard for any Bajoran to have an outright racist view of the Cardassians.
My point was that Torres has outright racism against the Cardassians, without much reasons beyond the defense of their own colony, as noticed by Chuck in his review of "Nothing Human"