TNG-R Next Generation Remastered

The Next Generation
mwhittington
Commander
Commander

Re: TNG-R Next Generation Remastered

Post by mwhittington »

No, they deepened the shadows and gave it more shine. Probably to make it look more realistic now that the energy beam is a light source.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy." -Benjamin Franklin-
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

mwhittington wrote:No, they deepened the shadows and gave it more shine. Probably to make it look more realistic now that the energy beam is a light source.
What do you mean 'no'? The nacelles are pink in the original shot. I noticed the more realistic lighting.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

SomosFuga wrote:i don't like how the ship looks.
Agreed. I think the ship looks like an artist rendition of the ship one might also find on deviantart for example.

It certainly looks less real, correct lighting or not.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Its probably because we are so used to the way E-D looks in TNG. Flawed or not.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

Tsukiyumi wrote:What do you mean 'no'? The nacelles are pink in the original shot. I noticed the more realistic lighting.
They look the same shade of red both before and after to me. :?
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I have to agree, the collectors look pretty much the same to me.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

McAvoy wrote:Its probably because we are so used to the way E-D looks in TNG. Flawed or not.
You think so? I don't know..maybe....but to me one looks clearly like a computer generated picture (not even a particularily good one, mind you, there are far better ones to find on the net from casual artists).

It's just to detailed and perfect to look real to me......idk, the only thing I would change is the enviroment (planets, stars etc.) and special effects, since I highly doubt they have enough of a budget to make the SHIP look more real than a 6 foot model.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well from what I understand there are no new CGI shots of the E-D, so what you are seeing is the actual model.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Atekimogus wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Its probably because we are so used to the way E-D looks in TNG. Flawed or not.
You think so? I don't know..maybe....but to me one looks clearly like a computer generated picture (not even a particularily good one, mind you, there are far better ones to find on the net from casual artists).

It's just to detailed and perfect to look real to me......idk, the only thing I would change is the enviroment (planets, stars etc.) and special effects, since I highly doubt they have enough of a budget to make the SHIP look more real than a 6 foot model.
Agreed, although in this case I would have corrected the beam location as they did except not to the phaser strip, maybe to the deflector. What i really dont like is the ship itself.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

SomosFuga wrote:
Atekimogus wrote:

Agreed, although in this case I would have corrected the beam location as they did except not to the phaser strip, maybe to the deflector. What i really dont like is the ship itself.
According to something I read -- If I can track it down I will -- the script has Picard order "main phasers" fire the energy beam, so they corrected it, erm, correctly...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

McAvoy wrote:Well from what I understand there are no new CGI shots of the E-D, so what you are seeing is the actual model.
Correct.
ImageImage
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

Sonic Glitch wrote: According to something I read -- If I can track it down I will -- the script has Picard order "main phasers" fire the energy beam, so they corrected it, erm, correctly...
really? ok then
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

SomosFuga wrote:
Sonic Glitch wrote: According to something I read -- If I can track it down I will -- the script has Picard order "main phasers" fire the energy beam, so they corrected it, erm, correctly...
really? ok then
I haven't looked at the script but it's on an analysis of the Encounter at Farpoint sampler on Ex Astris Scientia -- -and Bernd is usually pretty accurate.
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Lemon Wolf
Petty officer third class
Petty officer third class

Post by Lemon Wolf »

SomosFuga wrote:i don't like how the ship looks.
They used a CGI version of the ship in the scene with the energy beam.
I am tempted to render an image of that shot for the fun of it because i think this could look much better.