TNG-R Next Generation Remastered

The Next Generation
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Re: TNG-R Next Generation Remastered

Post by McAvoy »

I can agree with that. The only thing I can think of that ages is the way they are filmed, not the what they look like.

I did like the Abramsprise though as far as the CGI look. But I think the reason why is because they did a 1:1 scale which naturally takes time, money, computer power and space to create. Something TV shows will probably have to wait for in several years to even approach on their time and budget.

IF they were to replace the old shots of the E-D with a new CGI model, it better look as good or better than the original. That goes without saying, but I would think they would have just replaced it with a standard 2012 CGI model of the E-D which probably wouldn't look as good.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

McAvoy wrote: I did like the Abramsprise though as far as the CGI look.
True, that one was pretty much the first CGI Enterprise which I thought looked almost as realistic as a physical model. What I have seen so far from making offs, one of the reasons is probably that they really took the time also to add all the little imperfections you would have on a pyhsical model to make it look more real, I don't know.

I do remember however FIRST Contact...boy I loved the new E-E, looked gorgeous. For Insurrection they used a CGI model and it looked like a completely different ship to me. Shame, should have sticked to the model imho.

(And let's be honest, 30 years later TwoK still looks best imho as far as ships go. Abramsprise came close, but they did kinda ruined it with excessive lens flares:)).
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

The E-E is my favourite Enterprise. I loved both the physical model and the CGI one.
ImageImage
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Not like I was sitting on my couch ready to drink drano or have a gun in hand. It's more like thinking about how my family would react if I did commit suicide. That, and death stops me from actually doing it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
alexmann
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by alexmann »

Wrong thread.
ImageImage
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Yep you are right...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ok now I am impressed. But not enough to drop a ton of money to buy Blu Ray... yet.

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Fixed it, did they?

I wonder if they are going to do other tweaks like that? The infamous phaser from the torpedo tube shot from Darmok?!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Perhaps.

But that one shot looks different from the rest of TNG though. See how they do it for the rest of TNG.

It would be 'almost' similar to changing TMP and TWoK Enterprise all white to match the rest of the movies.
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

McAvoy wrote:Ok now I am impressed. But not enough to drop a ton of money to buy Blu Ray... yet.

What's this image from then?
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

I got it from EX Astiis Scientia personally. I know he doesn't like hotlinks. Maybe I should credit him.
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

Sonic Glitch wrote:
McAvoy wrote:Ok now I am impressed. But not enough to drop a ton of money to buy Blu Ray... yet.

What's this image from then?
It's from Encounter At Farpoint; Picard orders the "main phasers" to fire an energy beam on the station to feed the creature what it needs to escape. Being early days the FX people hadn't quite settled on where the beam should come from, so it emerged from the Captain's Yacht.

Apparently in the Blu ray release they have fixed it. Makes me wonder what else they might tweak along the way...
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
SomosFuga
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by SomosFuga »

i don't like how the ship looks.
Trata las situaciones estresantes como lo haría 1 perro: si no puedes comértelo o jugar con ello, méate encima y lárgate!!!

Handle stressful situations as a dog would: if you can't eat it or play with it, pee on it and get out of there!!!
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

SomosFuga wrote:i don't like how the ship looks.
Seems odd to me too. But maybe that beam just gives it that look.
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Seriously? I think the bussard collectors look much better when they aren't pink.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939