3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

SF Debris: Code of Honor

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Part one.
Part two.
Part three.

I've just started part one and he's already ripping into it. Good lord! *Sits down with some popcorn*
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: SF Debris: Code of Honor

Post by Tsukiyumi »

It's so bad, he just had to give it three parts. There's too much crap to cover in less time. :lol:

Ah, season 1 TNG. It's telling of the drought in TV sci-fi at the time that it even made it to season 2.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Lol, not seen all parts so far but nearly choked on a christmas cookie at his "school for gifted mutants" joke, brilliant!
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

My favorite bits were the ones dealing with Worf's 'honor' and 'courage'. :lol:
Atekimogus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Atekimogus »

Tsukiyumi wrote: Ah, season 1 TNG. It's telling of the drought in TV sci-fi at the time that it even made it to season 2.
Well, they let it continue and in time it produced some of the - which I regard as - best TV moments in history, like Inner Light, Best of both Worlds, Yesterdays Enterprise etc. etc. .

And nowadays shows with a MUCH higher quality even in the beginning get cancelled after half a season because they do not achieve some outdated ratings. (I am by no means an expert how they estimate a shows success, but is it not true that they still use this strange Nielsen rating-scheme used since....the 50's? You know the one with complete disregard of the internet or tivo?)

Sad to think what we missed simply because so many excellent shows never had a chance to develop.

Ah well, TV is done imho, the view remaining good programs you can catch on the internet and the rest is just cheap reality tv-dreck.
I'm Commander Shepard and this is my favorite store on the Citadel.
Tinadrin Chelnor
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Tinadrin Chelnor »

Atekimogus wrote:Ah well, TV is done imho, the view remaining good programs you can catch on the internet and the rest is just cheap reality tv-dreck.
I have actually not watched TV in nearly two years, and life is much more interesting. I watch the odd DVD and such with my gf, and I have all of B5 and few other series Boxsets, just for late night. I feel more alive and more my own person now.
"No dictator, no invader can hold an imprisoned population by force of arms forever. There is no greater power in the universe than the need for freedom. Against that power, governments and tyrants and armies cannot stand."
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

And he only spends about a third of the review talking about the racism. Very restrained on his part. He spent another third on the misogyny of the episode and another third talking about how horribly it was written even when you ignore the first two thirds of his criticism. Funny, the racism usually covers up the rest in most people's minds. You're so busy wondering how anyone agreed to participate in this and if the director owned a set of bed sheets with a couple holes poked in them to see how bad the episode was before it was directed by a Grand Wizard.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

I barely watch my TV anymore. Most of the shows I can get on DVD nowadays. And heck, I'm almost done collecting those as well.