Favourite Episode

The Original Series
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Thats why I called it "cheesey."
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

My favorite has to be Balance of Terror. First piece of STar Trek I ever saw back in 1986. Loved it then, loved it now.
FASATrek
Crewman
Crewman

Post by FASATrek »

There are many more I like than dislike but the Doomsday Machine, Omega Glory, Erand of Mercy, Arena and the Tholian Web are my favorites
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Teaos »

A lot of the ones people like like the Tholian web annoy me because they are so un logical it takes away from the viewing enjoyment.
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
The Wormhole
Ensign
Ensign

Post by The Wormhole »

The Tholian Web has the benefit of being one of the third season's few watchable episodes. Therefore people think its better than it really is.
Putting the manatee back in humanity.
Foxbat
Lieutenant jg
Lieutenant jg

Post by Foxbat »

All the Mudd episodes

Spocks Brain - it's just so "yikes, this is bad", it mesmerizes me...
"Nothing is more Airwolf than Airwolf!" http://www.ernestcline.com/spokenword/airwolf.htm
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Okay, guilty pleasure: Well maybe not even guilty, but Menagerie, for a clipshow, used to thrill me as a kid.
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Bryan Moore wrote:Okay, guilty pleasure: Well maybe not even guilty, but Menagerie, for a clipshow, used to thrill me as a kid.
Well, it was an excellent use of the discarded footage and a damned clever way to use it, to boot.
Martin
Chief petty officer
Chief petty officer

Post by Martin »

The Wormhole wrote:The Tholian Web has the benefit of being one of the third season's few watchable episodes. Therefore people think its better than it really is.
Yes, I've seen quite a lot of the recent season 3 showings on BBC2 and I struggle to get through some of them. Sadly, I've missed the Tholian Web again, I've not seen it yet - must save up for the DVDs!
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Bryan Moore wrote:Okay, guilty pleasure: Well maybe not even guilty, but Menagerie, for a clipshow, used to thrill me as a kid.
Well, it was an excellent use of the discarded footage and a damned clever way to use it, to boot.
Yes, it's damn brilliant, and I don't think another show has ever quite pulled that off. In fact, I can't imagine that ever being successfully pulled off again. But there's always something about any sort of clip show that makes people's eyes roll. (see: Shades of Grey)
Don't you hear my call, though you're many years away, don't you hear me calling you?
Captain Seafort
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Captain Seafort »

The Menagerie had the advantage that, rather than being clips of previously seen episodes mashed together, the clips themselves had a coherent soryline, and hadn't been seen before, so the effect was as if they'd been filmed specifically for the episode, to show Pike's mission in flashback.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Granitehewer
Captain
Captain

Post by Granitehewer »

Tholian Web
The Menagerie
Devil in the Dark
Fridays' child
Galileo seven
Balance of Terror
Arena
Day of the Dove
Catspaw
Bryan Moore
Captain
Captain

Post by Bryan Moore »

Friday's Child? Wow, I would have never expected that one.
Sionnach Glic
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Sionnach Glic »

Why? What one was that?
"You've all been selected for this mission because you each have a special skill. Professor Hawking, John Leslie, Phil Neville, the Wu-Tang Clan, Usher, the Sugar Puffs Monster and Daniel Day-Lewis! Welcome to Operation MindFuck!"
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Rochey wrote:Why? What one was that?
'Friday's Child' had Bones, McCoy and Kirk caught in the middle of a power struggle, with the Klingons there too. The Capellans, IIRC.