4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

SFDebris: Nemesis

Post by Captain Seafort »

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4

Decent review. Not Chuck's best, but pretty close, and it managed to provide the film with a logical back story. I.e. Janeway was behind it all and Shinzon fucked up deliberately.

Definitely a worthy rival to this.
Only two things are infinite - the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe: Albert Einstein.
Teaos
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: SFDebris: Nemesis

Post by Teaos »

About what I expected of this really, not so much comedy as real reeview,
What does defeat mean to you?

Nothing it will never come. Death before defeat. I don’t bend or break. I end, if I meet a foe capable of it. Victory is in forcing the opponent to back down. I do not. There is no defeat.
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

One thing I just now realized, why did Riker not stop having sex with Troi when she did one of two things, because we don't know if we can actually trust what she saw as what she did. So either she flipped out like we saw, in which case, regardless of what else was going on, if you keep having sex while she's pushing you away, your a moron, or she just like went blank, in which case, why would you not stop, that's just weird. Plus, why did she have a blanket on when they were obviously having sex.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
kostmayer
Captain
Captain

Post by kostmayer »

Nickswitz wrote:Plus, why did she have a blanket on when they were obviously having sex.
Was it one of those L-shaped blankets that covers half the bloke but covers the woman all the way up to the shoulders?
"You ain't gonna get off down the trail a mile or two, and go missing your wife or something, like our last cook done, are you?"
"My wife is in hell, where I sent her. She could make good biscuits, but her behavior was terrible."
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

No, it was one of those blankets that covered her chest while he was on top of her.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

I like the ratio of comedy to review. In Nemesis' case it's far to easy to just make jokes. A slightly more serious take on it is called for, except for the Janeway bit, that was hilarious and honestly makes the movie make a lot more sense.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

Love the ending. It's still cracking me up.
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

Tyyr wrote:I like the ratio of comedy to review. In Nemesis' case it's far to easy to just make jokes. A slightly more serious take on it is called for, except for the Janeway bit, that was hilarious and honestly makes the movie make a lot more sense.
Kind of scary how much Evil Janeway can bring a totally brainless story around to nearly sensible. That's right, stories written by "professional" script writers make much more sense when you apply the alternate character interpretation of some guy making mock reviews on the internet. No wonder the trek movie line tanked.
BigJKU316
Captain
Captain
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by BigJKU316 »

Nickswitz wrote:One thing I just now realized, why did Riker not stop having sex with Troi when she did one of two things, because we don't know if we can actually trust what she saw as what she did. So either she flipped out like we saw, in which case, regardless of what else was going on, if you keep having sex while she's pushing you away, your a moron, or she just like went blank, in which case, why would you not stop, that's just weird. Plus, why did she have a blanket on when they were obviously having sex.
The simple answer, because he was not finished yet.
Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Tyyr »

Awesome.