George Lucas edits Return of the Jedi

Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

George Lucas edits Return of the Jedi

Post by Nutso »

This is allegedly a leak from the bluray.

Watch at your own risk.
http://youtu.be/27RVJJfny4I
If you had any confusion about this scene, well this certainly clears things up. :roll:

I am hoping this is just a clever way of fighting off illegal distributions. *<:*)X
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Re: George Lucas edits Return of the Jedi

Post by Deepcrush »

As though he hasn't damaged the SW Universe enough already...
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Well, it's not as revisionist and pandering as making Greedo shoot first, but it certainly falls into the category of "absolutely unnecessary."
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

It's bullshit at best. Doesn't matter too much, since I wasn't planning on buying the release anyway. Hell, I'm about 90% done with SW except in fanfic anyway.
Nutso
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by Nutso »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Hell, I'm about 90% done with SW except in fanfic anyway.
Out of curiosity, what was the final straw for you?
"Bible, Wrath of Khan, what's the difference?"
Stan - South Park
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

I have to say, if I was Lucas then at this point I'd be tempted to bring a set out where Vader goes "Nooooooooooo!" as often as possible, just to fuck with people. Vader finds out that Leia lied about Dantooine? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader finds Obi Wan has vanished when he kills him? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches Han reappear in the Death Star trench? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches the Falcon take off from Hoth? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches Luke fall into the pit on the cloud city? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches the Falcon escape into light speed at the end of Empire? "Nooooooooooo!" I'd even use the same "Nooooooooooo!" audio clip every time, so it always sounded exactly the same.

Then I'd call it the "Super Fantastic I REALLY got it perfect this time!" edition, because I'm just that evil. :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil:
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Sonic Glitch
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Any ol' place here on Earth or in space. You pick the century and I'll pick the spot

Post by Sonic Glitch »

GrahamKennedy wrote:I have to say, if I was Lucas then at this point I'd be tempted to bring a set out where Vader goes "Nooooooooooo!" as often as possible, just to fuck with people. Vader finds out that Leia lied about Dantooine? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader finds Obi Wan has vanished when he kills him? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches Han reappear in the Death Star trench? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches the Falcon take off from Hoth? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches Luke fall into the pit on the cloud city? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches the Falcon escape into light speed at the end of Empire? "Nooooooooooo!" I'd even use the same "Nooooooooooo!" audio clip every time, so it always sounded exactly the same.

Then I'd call it the "Super Fantastic I REALLY got it perfect this time!" edition, because I'm just that evil. :happydevil: :happydevil: :happydevil:
I believe this sums up my reaction rather well...
"All this has happened before --"
"But it doesn't have to happen again. Not if we make up our minds to change. Take a different path. Right here, right now."
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Seriously........what the hell does this add to the project????????
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
Lighthawk
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: Missouri, USA, North America, Earth, Sol System, Orion Arm, Milkyway Galaxy, Local Group, Universe

Post by Lighthawk »

In another 50 years, the original trilogy will be all but unrecognizable due to a steady stream of re-edits. Neither Han or Greedo will shoot at all. Vader will be a whiny pansy man who yells "Noooo!" at everything. Jabba the Hutt will have more scenes than any other character. And R2-D2 will be a foul mouthed sexist.
Mark
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Mark »

Lighthawk wrote:In another 50 years, the original trilogy will be all but unrecognizable due to a steady stream of re-edits. Neither Han or Greedo will shoot at all. Vader will be a whiny pansy man who yells "Noooo!" at everything. Jabba the Hutt will have more scenes than any other character. And R2-D2 will be a foul mouthed sexist.

Also, Biggs will be shown to have ejected, Aldarran had already been evactuated, and Obi Wan knew he had a terminal illness so he let his closed friend put him out of his misery.
They say that in the Army,
the women are mighty fine.
They look like Phyllis Diller,
and walk like Frankenstein.
RK_Striker_JK_5
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award, Cochrane Medal of Excellence

Post by RK_Striker_JK_5 »

Nutso wrote:
RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote: Hell, I'm about 90% done with SW except in fanfic anyway.
Legacy of the Force. The entire FUCKING piece of shit. I have read unedited fanfic on ff.net that was better done and kept the characters IC and smarter than those nine senseless murders of trees.

And even if those pieces of unmitigated SHIT didn't leave me wanting to wash my hands of the franchise, I already own a DVD copy of the OT. And it's very rare-almost never-that I buy multiple copies of DVD anything.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

Wow. I think that's the first time I've seen you curse in the history of ever.
as Bull offed Custer
Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Graham Kennedy »

A handy website, for when things go badly wrong...

Nooooooooooooo!!!!
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by Mikey »

GrahamKennedy wrote:A handy website, for when things go badly wrong...

Nooooooooooooo!!!!
Sure wish Sonic knew about that when he posted his link:
Sonic Glitch wrote:
GrahamKennedy wrote:I have to say, if I was Lucas then at this point I'd be tempted to bring a set out where Vader goes "Nooooooooooo!" as often as possible, just to fuck with people. Vader finds out that Leia lied about Dantooine? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader finds Obi Wan has vanished when he kills him? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches Han reappear in the Death Star trench? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches the Falcon take off from Hoth? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches Luke fall into the pit on the cloud city? "Nooooooooooo!" Vader watches the Falcon escape into light speed at the end of Empire? "Nooooooooooo!" I'd even use the same "Nooooooooooo!" audio clip every time, so it always sounded exactly the same.

I believe this sums up my reaction rather well...
as Bull offed Custer
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

RK_Striker_JK_5 wrote:
Nutso wrote:
Legacy of the Force. The entire FUCKING piece of shit. I have read unedited fanfic on ff.net that was better done and kept the characters IC and smarter than those nine senseless murders of trees.

And even if those pieces of unmitigated SHIT didn't leave me wanting to wash my hands of the franchise, I already own a DVD copy of the OT. And it's very rare-almost never-that I buy multiple copies of DVD anything.
Striker cursing with obscenities? This stuff must be horrendous. :shock: