HIV virus used to turn white blood cells into cancer killers

Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Re: HIV virus used to turn white blood cells into cancer kil

Post by Mikey »

Not really, you can't fight off something like smallpox if you've never been inoculated. That inoculation can, however, occur organically and naturally as opposed to artificially. This is why Europeans could carry smallpox to the New World. Trust me, I get what you're saying - I'm just adding the point that using dangerous pathogens to help people medically is neither new nor unusual.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

That's fair I guess.

I guess its just the choice of pathogen that makes me slightly worried.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

I can't argue with that, though it's the perfect choice in pathogens to do what needs to be done in that situation. Like the cartoon says, though, I'm not sure I'd trust it to stand down on call.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

All I know is that I am immune to the smallpox vaccination. The military tried to do it three times over the course of eight years. Ranging from the initial three stabs to the max of fifty. Everyone gets those huge sores and all I get is a bunch needle holes.

Any I have no clue if that means I am immune to smallpox or I am just fucked. Though I have been told that there is a trend of children born to the parents that got their vaccinations are be oming resistent or immune to it now.

Though I doubt the human body can fully adapt to the HIV virus in a couple generations.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"