Ship of the Week: Lancer-class frigate

Graham Kennedy
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ship of the Week: Lancer-class frigate

Post by Graham Kennedy »

The rules of posting clearly state "The use of such green text is limited to administrators and moderators for this purpose only." Do not post anything in this colour.
Give a man a fire, and you keep him warm for a day. SET a man on fire, and you will keep him warm for the rest of his life...
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

Deepcrush wrote:Mikey, I don't really give a shit what point you think I'm making or your care for the font color or for the fact that he mods here can't even patrol themselves.
As Graham more succinctly put it - it doesn't matter what the hell you like or don't. The rules are the rules, and even you have to follow them, no matter how tough you're trying to convince yourself that you are.
Deepcrush wrote:Finally, As to he example it sets. You have a situation of something being in black and white and your fellow mod still can't help but lie about it. When you can handle that come back and talk to me otherwise don't waste your time.
Hmmm. I checked, but believe it or not "disagreeing with Deepcrush" doesn't seem to have made it into the list of proscribed actions around here. Without that being a rule, you're just asking for a mod to make your argument for you because you can't convince your opponent. That's pretty puerile, even for you.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Mikey wrote:As Graham more succinctly put it - it doesn't matter what the hell you like or don't. The rules are the rules, and even you have to follow them, no matter how tough you're trying to convince yourself that you are.
I don't care, I'm not saying I'm following your rules or trying to convince anyone of you that I'm following your rules. I really just don't give a shit.
Mikey wrote:Hmmm. I checked, but believe it or not "disagreeing with Deepcrush" doesn't seem to have made it into the list of proscribed actions around here. Without that being a rule, you're just asking for a mod to make your argument for you because you can't convince your opponent. That's pretty puerile, even for you.
Again with this... I never said "make the argument for me" or anything even remotely close to this. Me and seafort had on the same thread a disagreement and it went over just fine.

GK, Mikey, if its to much for your sad little lives to even try to be helpful in this, just shut the fuck up and stay out of it. It will likely die out over time just like everything you screw up.
Jinsei wa cho no yume, shi no tsubasa no bitodesu
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

It's not my intention nor my desire to be helpful to either you or Seafort in this. What I will do is administer the rules - the rules of the forum as set by its owners and creators, not me. I don't give a rat's ass about who wins your debate about dick sizes, or ship sizes, or whatever the hell it was. I don't care if you debated badly and Seafort well, or if he debated badly and you well. I don't even care if you like what I have to say or not. However, the rules of the forum are the rules of the forum, and they are beyond the ability to change of either you or me. If you want to stay here and hate everyone and think every last one of us is a complete moron, that's absolutely fine - as long as you do it within the rules.
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

I don't think you're a moron, just petty.
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Post by stitch626 »

I've never understood the debate on the ISD's and the like being destroyers or cruisers. They don't fit the role of either and have been called both. Really, they are combat carriers. They carry troops, fighters, bombers, and even land vehicles if needed. And plenty of times they act on their own (as a cap ship, not including their fighters and such).

And basing their class on what is said in the films, in this case is plain stupid. And claiming that one class determination mentioned by several people is slang, while the other which was mentioned by several people is not slang is utterly moronic.

The original intent of calling the ships Star Destroyers had nothing to do with the role of it, but rather to make it sound menacing (source: the making of ANH, nice read if you have the time, good pictures too). This being a class designation has been spread around the same way that TIEs not having shields have (though that last one may change in the new release of the OT).
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
Deepcrush
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Deepcrush »

Truth be told, most of the 600m plus ships in SW are a cross of Carrier, Troop Transport, Seige Ship, Recon Ship... so on and so on. End result is that most fleets try to push the JoAT ships rather then purpose built ships.

As to the Ship Classes, its on the Databank which can answer the question of what and why GL named what he did.