Star Trek XI, The Game.

Trek Books, Games and General chat
Griffin
Commander
Commander

Star Trek XI, The Game.

Post by Griffin »

Star Trek was reborn and re-imagined with Star Trek (2009), and now it can be revealed that the adventure will continue with Star Trek, an upcoming videogame from Paramount Digital Entertainment and Digital Extremes. Star Trek is licensed by CBS Consumer Products. The game will build on the events of the blockbuster J.J. Abrams film and enable players, for the first time ever, to assume the roles of Kirk and Spock. Star Trek will be released in 2012 in the Xbox 360, Playstation 3 and Windows PC formats, and Paramount Digital Entertainment will provide a sneak peak at the upcoming title to the media in attendance June 7-9 at the Electronic Entertainment Expo.

Based on an original story by BAFTA award winner and God of War writer Marianne Krawczyk,Star Trek follows Kirk and Spock as they learn to work as a team in the process of trying to thwart the efforts of an infamous enemy race from conquering the galaxy. Krawczyk is collaborating with Bob Orci and Alex Kurtzman, the writers-producers of Star Trek (2009), and they are all teaming with Bad Robot, K/O Paper Products and Damon Lindelof on the game, which is still under development.

“Star Trek challenges the boundaries of co-op gameplay with a galactic adventure gamers and fans have never experienced,” said Tom Lesinski, President, Paramount Digital Entertainment. “Working closely with the Star Trek filmmaking team throughout development, the game is sure to deliver AAA production values, a wide variety of gameplay and all the action you would expect from the hit franchise. This will be the definitive Star Trek gaming experience.”

Keep an eye on StarTrek.com for additional news about the upcoming Star Trek game.
Source
Bite my shiny metal ass
stitch626
2 Star Admiral
2 Star Admiral

Re: Star Trek XI, The Game.

Post by stitch626 »

I have high hopes but low expectations.

Movie games rarely hold up. Unfortunately.
No trees were killed in transmission of this message. However, some electrons were mildly inconvenienced.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Seriously it took them this long?

Normally I would be interested in any Trek game but not a Abrams verse one.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Tsukiyumi
4 Star Admiral
4 Star Admiral

Post by Tsukiyumi »

Depending what the gameplay and story are like, I'd give it a shot.

Doubt my computer can run it, though.
There is only one way of avoiding the war – that is the overthrow of this society. However, as we are too weak for this task, the war is inevitable. -L. Trotsky, 1939