Some assistance...

Tyyr
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Re: Some assistance...

Post by Tyyr »

What, people don't reformat computers when they get them and put on fresh OS installs to make sure you get rid of the spam-ware?
Nickswitz
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Nickswitz »

Most people don't, I actually like the stuff I have on my ASUS, not so much bloatware, and most of it can be quickly disabled.
The world ended

"Insanity -- a perfectly rational adjustment to an insane world" - R.D.Lang
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

I sure as hell aren't paying for another OS disk. Besides, the Acer's we have had haven't seemed that bloated, even my little netbook.
Mikey
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral
Commendations: The Daystrom Award

Post by Mikey »

IanKennedy wrote:I'm just about to get a new laptop from work. Intel Core i7, 8GB RAM and 500GB SSD :)
Don't they secure them at night? ;)
I can't stand nothing dull
I got the high gloss luster
I'll massacre your ass as fast
as Bull offed Custer
Primefalcon
Petty officer first class

Post by Primefalcon »

in m experience fragmentation doesn't cause that huge of an issue..... what you should do is go to yor start menu and select run, type in msconfig, go to startu[ and siable everything that doesn't need to start, for example MS Office doesn't need to start on boot.... this is usually the cause of slow performance, the other is malware (in which case its easier just to reinstall)
Primefalcon

Post by Primefalcon »

In my experience fragmentation doesn't cause that huge of an issue..... what you should do is go to yor start menu and select run, type in msconfig, go to startup and disable everything that doesn't need to start, for example MS Office doesn't need to start on boot....

This is th typical cause of slow performance, the other is malware (in which case its easier just to reinstall)
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Nickswitz wrote:Most people don't, I actually like the stuff I have on my ASUS, not so much bloatware, and most of it can be quickly disabled.
HP computers are near famous for the amount of bloatware on the computer. The current laptop I have was redone by my brother to remove bloatware. I may have to have him redo the laptop soon to fix issues with it.
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

My first Acer years ago had the worlds most insanely bloated power management software. It's a wonder it even had any power left to manage. My current one is relatively free, besides the useless bull-crap win7 "Ferrari" theme since it was a Ferrari branded laptop.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Ferrari themed laptop? Wouldn't that make the laptop able to do 0-200 MPH in 2.1 second buts lasts only 50 miles on the tank and needs a oil change every 100 miles oir so?
"Don't underestimate the power of technobabble: the Federation can win anything with the sheer force of bullshit"
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Hah! You'd think.

It's just an Acer Aspire with a different external appearance. My mum bought it not me. I'd love my own laptop.
McAvoy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by McAvoy »

Well beggars can't be choosers.
Reliant121
3 Star Admiral
3 Star Admiral

Post by Reliant121 »

Oh so true.